21 day NO BINGE Challenge-Kristyo25

Options
Okay guys....I HATE to admit it but I have to start over. Tomorrow will be my day 1. I'm not happy about this, but I WILL NOT fail this time. I AM DONE. FOOD WILL NO LONGER HAVE CONTROL OVER ME. I AM IN CONTROL. GOD IS IN CONTROL. And "if our God is for us then who could stand against us." In this case, food and my mind will NOT stand against me any longer. So what is the plan to make this happen?? I planned the next seven days worth of meals to get back on plan. If I can make it through just 7 days, I know I can make it 21 and be done with this. This truly is a battle of the mind and only the mind...my mind WILL NOT win this fight.

With all that being said here are some pretty inspirational things I have discovered lately:

-Demi Lovato's (not sure if I spelled that correctly) new song "Skyscraper" is pretty AWESOME. Very inspirational and makes you want to overcome whatever your battle is. She just went through rehab for an eating disorder and has really overcome some struggles.

-priorfatgirl.com-Read the story of Jen and Amanda. Amanda lost about 70 pounds with WW points system and looks amazing and truly made WW a lifestyle. Jen lost 90 pounds with exercise and calorie counting. She's incredible as well. If these girls can do it so can we. They lost an incredible amount of weight and I struggle with 20 pounds...this kind of puts things into perspective.

I want to end the day saying that I will be a SUCCESS story. For me. And only me. This is my battle and I will WIN. This will be the last restart of this challenge for me:smile:

How have you been doing??? I really do LOVE hearing from you!

Replies

• Eplizzitiz
    Eplizzitiz Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to "climb back on the wagon" as well.

I'm with you!
  • mmmillis
    mmmillis Posts: 3
    Options
    Good luck the only way to fail is not to try again
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I hear you and I'm with you. YOU CAN DO THIS!! and I'll be cheering you along the way! :wink:
  • ywolfie
    ywolfie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You've gotthe right mindset--now go for it!!
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    So when does the 21 days start? I want to stop my binge eating as well :) If it starts tomorrow then it goes until the 4th of August :)
  • tinacrane
    tinacrane Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Glad you are back and ready to begin your journey!

I begin my weight loss journey (again and for the last time) in September. Weight started coming off and I was hooked. Exercise was a problem, since I had 2 foot surgeries, so the weight loss has slowed. What I love the most with MFP is that it is the one thing I seem to have control of in my life. Very few other things seem to be affected by me! BUT I can control what goes into my mouth and how much I exercise. If you want a very diligent MFP food logger, average exerciser, mainstream eater (not vegan or into all protein ) send me a friend request!

Our bodies are a reflection of God's glory, and He deserves the best!

Tina
  • KristyO25
    KristyO25 Posts: 28
    Options
    So when does the 21 days start? I want to stop my binge eating as well :) If it starts tomorrow then it goes until the 4th of August :)

Yes!!! 4th of August is the date:)
  • kellydharriso
    Options
    I have been doing great and have lost 4 lbs in the last couple of days! Everytime I feel like eating too much, I think about MFP and wonder how am I going to explain this? Just knowing that I have to log in all of my calories makes me make better choices. I still haven't started eating very healthy (which is what I need to do) but eating smaller portions of the junk food has really helped. My new approach to "cravings" is to just eat a couple bites of whatever I want or half instead of 2 or 3 servings like before.
  • neela31
    neela31 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. I've been doing pretty good with my binges for the last couple weeks and would love to keep it a pattern. Next week will be hard for me with hubby out of town. There's also a binge eating support group if you'd like to join us there as well.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/216083-support-for-binge-eating-disorder
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Still doing good here with the exception of my sodium intake. I've eaten too much sodium over the past two days...TOM causing it maybe? I still need to stop it!
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I don't know if how I eat is called binging. I eat alot less then I used too, but am still always over in my calories. So I'll join in! I would love to control of my eating for 21 days.
  • journey2size10
    Options
    Glad you jumped back on it Kristy, you can do this! 21 days is only three short weeks...for those who are hesitant to join in on her challenge, maybe start with a shorter one...7 day challenge? 14 day challenge? once you conquer those shorter challenges, 21 days will be a piece of pie..maybe a bad phrase...how about a healthy muffin instead, lol.

My days have been great, this is day 5 of 21 and there's no stopping me now!
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    I dont really "binge" eat I just get into moods where I seem to stay hungry and I try to fight it and usually lose :( BUT I am going to do this, maybe 21 days of stciking to a strick a;ready plan meal plan is the thing I need to jump start my weight loss and stay on track.
  • YogiBlonde
    Options
    I am right there with you, girl! I am going to take on this challange also - a truly wonderful and inspiring idea!
  • Charlieb1974
    Options
    I am joining this too. I am going on holiday on 6th of August and I know if I can get a good weight loss result in the next 21 days it will help me to control my food choices while I am away.

Here goes!!
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristyo and team, So far, I was able to stay in control since the past 4 days! You can do it too! Just take it one meal at at time, one day at a time and JUST STICK TO IT NO MATTER WHAT! (Think of it like fortunately and thank god that food does not walk to your mouth. It is we who put it in your mouth..)

Let us support each other. Also, if you feel like you need more support, please send a message for tips/tricks, etc.. Think of it like it just takes 21 days to break a bad habit and let us do it.

Cheers to our challenge group!
  • drejen
    drejen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're jumping right back in it, Kristy. I had another good day. It seems this challenge has been exactly what I needed. That chocolate hasn't stopped calling me but I certainly don't want to log it and feel like I failed.
  • catsdogsandkids
    catsdogsandkids Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good day today but off on business for the next four days and in the boonies with no internet access, no cell, no ....how do people do that anymore in today's world? Always interesting on these 2x a month trips. Will log in a journal to keep myself honest with myself.
  • jowans2004
    jowans2004 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think planning meals ahead of time is a great way to avoid the urge to binge...set out a plan of your meals everyday..and STICK WITH IT! If you truly do feel hungry, it's okay to add something like veggies or a small serving of protein to fill you up well. Also, remember to drink up that water!!! I myself will need to start planning my meals as well. I have not had any what I would consider, binges, but still working on that mindless eating part. Stay determined and YOU WILL SUCCEED!