HRM FT4 and FT7

Options
Hi guys just wanted to know if you have to wear a chest strap with the Hrm Polar Ft4 of Ft7?

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    yes, and the ft7 is more accurate as it takes more specific information about the user int consideration.
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    yes w/ the ft4. no idea about the ft7, but i would guess yes too.

don't get one w/o the strap (as I've been told, and I'm glad I listened. A bit pricey, but TOTALLY worth it =)
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have the F4 and yes, it uses the chest strap; but it's quite comfortable and doesn't get in the way.
  • priescm
    priescm Posts: 95
    Options
    FT7 is a yes. Chest strap! But it's really accurate and pretty comfortable...definitely worth the price.
  • CoachsWife4
    CoachsWife4 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Love my ft4 with chest strap!
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I've used BOTH! Both have chest straps and pretty much both are set up the SAME way. About the only thing that MAY be different is that 2 people with the FT7 can stand next to each other and it won't mess up either.
    Accuracy? I suppose it's ok but NEITHER allow for VO2 settings. This is why I returned the FT4 and got the FT7...because someone had their info wrong on here and said that the FT7 had that setting.

I don't use a trainer or gym but supposedly things can be downloaded or whatever for the FT7.

If you're not into downloading? or working next to someone else, go with the FT4 and save money. :)
  • LolaDollie
    LolaDollie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the help! I think I'm going to go with the Ft7 since I can change the battery on that one.
  • cgcortezrn
    cgcortezrn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Where do you get the FT7s? and how much would I expect to pay for one? Right now I dial in my age and wt on the treadmill to get my calories. Seems to be pretty accurate cause it is close to what I get at the gym on the expensive ellipticals they have. But I am unable to know my calories burned when I do the kettlebells and Wii Fit dance. I always figure in low cals as to not get ahead of myself. Do you wear this thing whenever you are active or just for certain workouts? Thanks for you help.
  • LolaDollie
    Options
    I have been looking online at amazon and sports authority, they run about 109.99. There are probably stores or sites where you can get it cheaper but you'll have to fish around for it. You can wear it for any exercise you do.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Buy it on Amazon, $75 shipped. That's how much my FT7 was anyhow.

Also, both batteries can be changed now...they upgraded the FT4.
  • LolaDollie
    Options
    Ok, thanks!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I've used BOTH! Both have chest straps and pretty much both are set up the SAME way. About the only thing that MAY be different is that 2 people with the FT7 can stand next to each other and it won't mess up either.
    Accuracy? I suppose it's ok but NEITHER allow for VO2 settings. This is why I returned the FT4 and got the FT7...because someone had their info wrong on here and said that the FT7 had that setting.

I don't use a trainer or gym but supposedly things can be downloaded or whatever for the FT7.

If you're not into downloading? or working next to someone else, go with the FT4 and save money. :)

Read the manual online... the FT7 does use Vo2max, but you just cannot input it manually nor is it advertised.

I have the FT7 and it is wonderful. Very easy to use/set up.

Also all Polar HRM's have Owncode, where it locks into you're watch specifically and does not "cross talk" with other HRMs.
    So don't know where you heard that bit of info, but its def. not correct.
  • LolaDollie
    Options
    Thanks guys for all your help! I went and got my HRM today, YAY!!!!!!!!! I got the FT7 and it really does work great, still have yet to go online and get more info, but Im going to play with it some more tonight. It definitely helped with the accurate amount of calories because I had been putting in to many on the site by estimating. Thanks again guys!