Can I really lose 55 more pounds in a year?

Options
Lost 6 already. Feels like a dream that i might have the body I've always wanted soon.

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Don't look at it as 55 pounds in a year. Think how great you'll look and feel in a year if you've lost an additional 25 pounds. Your weight loss often slows as you get close to your goal. That requires lots of patience and commitment. Congrats on a great start!!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,208 Member
    Options
    In 16 weeks, I lost 15 kg.

Then I took a 1-month break.

In the next 16 weeks, I lost 10 kg.

25 kg = 55 lbs.

Stick with it absolutely and meticulously for 16 weeks, and see what happens.
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I believe you really can. I have been at this since July and over 40 so far. Good luck! Just stick with the calorie count you are assigned and log everything you eat and drink.
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Depending on how much you need to lose, you can. I have lost 76.5 since mid-March. It is doable :)
  • suzilla53
    suzilla53 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes you can! I've lost 59 since last March and I'm old enough to be you granny. It's great,so worth it. You look young,do it now! Dig deep in yourself and find your personal reasons to be healthy and fit and do it! All the new fashions will look great on you.log and weigh. Don't let others sidetrack you.
  • m0niqueee
    m0niqueee Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've lost 5 lbs this week, I know it's not "healthy" since it's so much in so little time, but I do think it's possible! (:
  • MagicDance396
    MagicDance396 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you break it up, that's just slightly over a pound a week, which is completely attainable!!!! But even if it goes slower, you'll still feel much better at 25 or 30 or 40 pounds down. Most of us (including me) focus on the before and after, but forget that we can enjoy the stages of the journey too!!!!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    That's only a little over 1 lb./week and easily doable. Just know that this is not linear and you may have a few weeks with no progress. Those times you need to focus on other gains other than a number on the scale. Keep up the good work!