Essay I have to write

Options
anulle2009
anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
I was wondering if people could give me some ideas i haev to write a 5 paragraph paper on what important issues the world is facing within the next 10-20 years. Im stumped. I thought about war and issues in the Middle East.. I am just having a hard time finding my three topics from that point on.. any ideas would be awesome!

Replies

• sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    climate change
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    The fact that we're a throw away culture, we're probably going to run out of space to put all of our trash eventually, you could always look into that.
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    obesity.
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Toughy..
    Possible;
    Break down of marriage (and traditional family unit)
    The "i need things RIGHT NOW and the only thing that plays a part on my choices is my happiness" attitude of this generation
    The enormous dept and possibility of america losing it's "superpower" status
    The great deal of illegal immigration (ramifications, potential losses, benefites, etc..)

Good luck!
  • ja4bs
    ja4bs Posts: 30
    Options
    The fact that we're a throw away culture, we're probably going to run out of space to put all of our trash eventually, you could always look into that.

Agreed...google The Great Pacific Garbage Patch. It will tell you about the swirling mass of trash between Cali and Hawaii that is twice the size of Texas. We are living in a trash can and most ppl don't even realize it
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options

The "i need things RIGHT NOW and the only thing that plays a part on my choices is my happiness" attitude of this generation

Oooh this could be a good one if you do a little comparison/contrast to "the tragedy of the commons" and how, since people generally have this overinflated sense of entitlement you could say that they feel like the whole world is their common property in the future... Could tie that in with a lot of issues, too, how people ignore things hoping they go away while still doing nothing to help make the problem better (like my earlier post on excess garbage, etc)
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Obesity - but in relation to other countries. I live in Japan and as a society here, almost everyone is smaller.

Natural Disasters - seem to be so many recently

College loans - is the debt really worth it in the long run?

Reality TV - is it still entertaining or out of hand?
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Zombie virus outbreaks
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    Zombie virus outbreaks

YES