my nsv. has nothing to do with weight loss but...

Options
Today (07.15.2011) marks 6 months of not smoking. I quit on 01.15.2011 and I am very proud to have made it to my 6 month mark! Again this has nothing to do with my weight loss goals but its a big accomplishment in my book! At least now when I exercise I can breathe and my lungs thank me for this lol and so do my fiance since he is a non smoker and he was smoking a pack a day via second hand lol.

Replies

• 73vanessa
    73vanessa Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Today (07.15.2011) marks 6 months of not smoking. I quit on 01.15.2011 and I am very proud to have made it to my 6 month mark! Again this has nothing to do with my weight loss goals but its a big accomplishment in my book! At least now when I exercise I can breathe and my lungs thank me for this lol and so do my fiance since he is a non smoker and he was smoking a pack a day via second hand lol.

good job, that is awesome and I know how hard it is... on July 19,th it will be one year for me.... I think I gained about 20 pounds or so.... hence the reason I am here.. again congrats, great decision and stay strong.
  • Shannonk507
    Shannonk507 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you both! I need to quit. Mind over matter? Other suggestions?
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Yep I gained about 30lbs lol but I was not upset because I looked at it this way... I can always lose the weight.... but I cannot cure cancer.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you both! I need to quit. Mind over matter? Other suggestions?

Check out Quiting smoking the easy way by Allen Carr. :)

Good Job Trish!
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all of you who quit smoking!! A huge accomplishment and something to be proud of! One more step to being healthy!!
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is so awesome. I passed my 1 year mark not too long ago as well and I had smoked for 15 years :noway: and I totally turned to eating when I quit. But like you said, easier to lose weight than stop cancer. Way to go, you should be really proud of yourself.
  • CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yep I gained about 30lbs lol but I was not upset because I looked at it this way... I can always lose the weight.... but I cannot cure cancer.

thats a great way to look at it congrats
  • Hollirot
    Hollirot Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I love hearing about people who have successfully quit smoking! I kicked the habit years ago, and it's been one of the best decisions I ever made for myself. :smile:
  • bigredhearts
    bigredhearts Posts: 428
    Options

thats great!!! the 21st will be my 6th month without!!! how awesome!!!
  • Picklepower
    Picklepower Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all those who have been successful and good luck to those of you trying! I'm almost at a year and I'm so happy! Check out my banner too =)
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    congrats!!!

this is from a NON smoker (I dont smoke)

but im so proud of you for making a great change! and for those of you who have been trying to quit
    great job!!! ♥
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! Congrats to everyone else who has decided to quit the habit as well. Its a nasty habit and you really do not realize how nasty it is until you become a non smoker.
    Now when I smell cigarette smoke it makes me sick!
    I have family members that still smoke and when I go to their house its god awful. I cant stay there too long because it gives me a headache.
    When I leave I reek of smoke and my hair smells so bad.

I ♥ being a non smoker!