controlling my eating

Options
najaas
najaas Posts: 8 Member
What are ways I can control my eating and portion sizes?

Replies

• Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    What are ways I can control my eating and portion sizes?

Two things worked for me. First, just biting the bullet and doing it--making sure I weighed and tracked everything, which gave me an accurate idea of my actual portion sizes. Believe me, that did a lot to inspire me to cut back. Second, I started adding veggies to every dinner--and not just a sad little bowl of canned corn, either. The veggies are filling, tasty, and make my smaller meat portions seem like just enough.

When I hold myself to a calorie standard/limit, it becomes a lot easier to say, "Honey, I can't do 8 ounces of steak--any way to cut that back to five?"

Not only do I not feel deprived, I am actually sitting here a little fuller than is comfortable.

Kris
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Drink a glass of water before your meal. Portion out the correct amount of food on your plate before you start eating, then put the rest of the food away so you won't go back for more. When you've had the correct portion, go brush your teeth! You will not want to eat anymore after that! :happy:
  • najaas
    najaas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that is a great idea. I'm going to try it out.
  • theome
    theome Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    measuring cups to and a food scale to actually see what a proper portion looks like, as well as taking your time to eat so you can find out what actually fills you up and what does not.
  • HeatherYevette
    HeatherYevette Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Definitely measure and weigh your portions!

Drink water before and after your meal :)

Put your fork down in between bites so that you take your time enjoying the food.

You can try using a portioned plate as well http://www.amazon.com/Relaxor-FF8PP-Perfect-Portion-Control/dp/B00025HFL0