stopping weight training while in calorie deficit?

Options
So i've been weight training for 12 weeks now at my uni gym and lost 15 and lots of inches and can see a massive difference in my body which im really pleased with! Ill be going home for christmas for 6 weeks at the end of this week and am wondering what I should do in terms of calories. I wont have access to a gym but plan on doing some home workouts, I have some weights but not very heavy but im looking online to see if I can find any fairly cheap as I have no money. So i wondered, if i continue in my deficit over Christmas (6 weeks) and still workout (bodyweight and as much weighted training at home as possible) will I loose most of the muscle I maintained over these 12 weeks? And shall I keep with a deficit and maybe just make it smaller?

thanks

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    If you follow a solid and challenging bodyweight program, you should have no worries about losing any muscle in your current deficit.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Options
    In terms of calories if you are exchanging one type of strength workout with another then don't change a thing.

No you shouldn't lose muscle.

Your lifts may be slightly down for a short while when you return to the gym but that will come back swiftly when you get back in the groove.
  • anniea1818
    anniea1818 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!