Does MFP adjust calories automatically with weight loss?

Options
I've lost 8 lbs now. Does MFP adjust calories? As you lose weight or did I dream that?

Replies

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    For me, it did not. It'll stay at your set calorie goal until you re-run the wizard. So if you're purely using MFP for its calculations, simply re-run the wizard with your new weight every 5 lbs or so. You'll see the daily goal will go down.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Automatically, no. If you don't change it and have lost at least 10 pounds since, it will prompt you to update your goal.
  • thielke2015
    thielke2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    For me, it did not. It'll stay at your set calorie goal until you re-run the wizard. So if you're purely using MFP for its calculations, simply re-run the wizard with your new weight every 5 lbs or so. You'll see the daily goal will go down.

Sorry what do you mean by " re-run the wizard"

• melissafawnw
    melissafawnw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    At least on the app, if you go to "goals" and reenter them/one, and it will spit out an updated calorie allotment.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Sorry what do you mean by " re-run the wizard"

I'd like to know what this means too. I've been here for over 2 years and I've never heard this term. Maybe he means re-run your stats??
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    lol "wizard" is computer speak for a setup program or process.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    lol "wizard" is computer speak for a setup program or process.

I am so not tech savvy :flushed:
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    For me, it did not. It'll stay at your set calorie goal until you re-run the wizard. So if you're purely using MFP for its calculations, simply re-runthe wizard with your new weight every 5 lbs or so. You'll see the daily goal will go down.

Still waiting for my letter from Hogwarts..