Holidays

Options
shortygirl1987
shortygirl1987 Posts: 230 Member
Is there a holiday throughout the year you like the best? Or do you like more than one?

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Christmas!!!! It's so magical
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    All holidays that give me a day off work.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    My Birthday, except for the 1 time; that I thought that I'd be arrested! When I went to Motor Vehicles, not only do I typically look; half my age but I was born on, April Fools' Day also! So that combination resulted in a 2 hour wait, for something that only took 30 minutes for everyone else; as they had to ensure that I wasn't fraudulent!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Sukkot is my favourite holiday. Reflection and progression.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I love Thanksgiving best.
  • shortygirl1987
    Options
    My Birthday, except for the 1 time; that I thought that I'd be arrested! When I went to Motor Vehicles, not only do I typically look; half my age but I was born on, April Fools' Day also! So that combination resulted in a 2 hour wait, for something that only took 30 minutes for everyone else; as they had to ensure that I wasn't fraudulent!

I was almost born on April fools day, but I was born a month early, I'm a shorty so I don't look my age
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I love the whole Halloween through New Years time of year - I love Thanksgiving, love Halloween, love Christmas. Plus my birthday falls in there so it is super fun for me.
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Christmas then Easter
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I used to like Halloween the best but now I don't feel enthusiastic about any holiday.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Christmas is the best imo

Halloween follows as secound best

• k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    My absolute favourite holiday would have to be Easter (w. German observances); The runner-up => Halloween (All Souls Day-esque) only Celtic themed.

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options

I was almost born on April fools day, but I was born a month early, I'm a shorty so I don't look my age

I was nearly born on Valentine's Day but the other 7 trips, to the hospital; were false alarms lol because I was my Mother's 1st pregnancy & I am short also: 5' 3"!
  • shortygirl1987
    Options
    Christmas. Esp when it snowflakes, not heavy snow. Again New England, tri-state and NYC Christmas is the best. NYC and suburbs is the place to be during Christmas season.

In a city that is already breathtaking.... Christmas is like turning up the notch ten levels with lights and big bad ornaments of varying sizes everywhere.

Just passed by the credit agricole building an hour ago and damn!!

Yes I love Christmas, the holiday lights, chrustmas trees, music, snow, all of it
  • shortygirl1987
    Options
    _unsteady_ wrote: »
    I used to like Christmas when I was getting *kitten* now I hate it since I'm spending all my *kitten*!. Nah I'm just joshin' ya :) I like Christmas coz everybody around me seems to be in a good mood from thanksgiving til new year

I'm guessing what the "kitten" words meant lol, I love Christmas
  • shortygirl1987
    Options
    There's are many I like, New Years, Valentine's Day, Easter, 4th of July, Halloween, thanksgiving, Christmas
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the only reason I would say I like Thanksgimas time is it is celebrated for months, so it gives a lasting good feeling over a long time. Makes it a holiday season instead of just a day, like the Fourth or such.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Honestly, the only reason I would say I like Thanksgimas time is it is celebrated for months, so it gives a lasting good feeling over a long time. Makes it a holiday season instead of just a day, like the Fourth or such.

I agree. I love Halloween through New Years. Plus my birthday is between Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's kind of like nonstop good jolly stuff. I am actually sad on the day I take all my Christmas trees and decor down. Then after New Years, it's bam nothing for a while.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving! Because, food. I like Christmas when I know I have a perfect gift for someone (last year I got my S.O. the puppy of his dreams, he cried LOL) but other than that I don't like it because my job is extremely demanding at this time of year so I actually kinda dread it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I tend to think of Thanksgiving and Christmas as one package because there's so much tradition wrapped up into both for my family.

Things obviously kick off with the Thanksgiving feast, and we usually host...good times with family and friends, but the Friday after is my favorite day of that particular weekend. We always get up and have a leisurely morning...usually cleaning up whatever leftover mess there is and enjoying some coffee and quiet time. Then we go get the tree and spend most of the day decorating it and the rest of the house while Christmas music plays in the background...we have a 4 and 6 y.o. so it's a pretty magical day and season in general. We usually finish off the day with a roaring fire while we enjoy leftovers in the living room while watching the Polar Express.

Like I said, I have a 4 and 6 y.o. so the rest of the season is just pretty magical...looking for the elf on the shelf every morning...the anticipation of a visit to see Santa...going to a production of the Nutcracker Ballet...stringing lights on the house...drinking warm holiday teas...cozy fires and Christmas movies.

Christmas day is quite a site to behold and I'll be sad when it's not so "magical" for the kids anymore...in the mean time, we're just enjoying the season through there eyes and for this brief moment in time, we've recaptured much of the magic that we lost as we grew up.