What is a unique thing you are afraid of?

Options
13»

Replies

• zenaxe
    zenaxe Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    It's not unique but I am very afraid of spiders. I wasn't until I hit grade 4 and we had a science unit on them so I learned all about the different kinds of spiders like the black widow, trap door spiders, etc. UGH. It's ruined my life lol

lol...how do you feel about scorpions...see them all the time here in Arizona.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    Small holes and clusters. Think lotus pod. It's called Tryphobia. And it's nerve wracking.

Images of this creep me the F*** out! Especially if it's on someones hands or skin, even if it's not real. My skin is crawling now.

I'm deathly afraid of birds. Except penguins. Because they don't fly.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Escalators. My foot got sucked down one as a kid. Never got over it.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this one is unique but....
    You know when your sitting on the toilet, and you get the creepy scared feeling that something might swim up and bite you on the *kitten*? That one.
    Worm.. Any kind any lenght. Could be the scarey "Yoda-Type Worm with the Gene Simmons hairdoo like Lifting lady is. Or also the 1" inch worm like Yusaku.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I'm af afraid of mayo touching warm meat. I'm afraid it will go off and make me sick
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of riding in a convertible because i think a bug is gonna fly right into my face.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Small holes and clusters. Think lotus pod. It's called Tryphobia. And it's nerve wracking.

I have a mild case of this as well.

I like to send all my village relatives links to Cutaneous myiasis (Jiggers) links from Youtube pre and post hurricane season, to encourage them to be more vigilant with keeping common and shared areas clean, as well as good personal hygiene.

Tryphobia and filariasis are real fears.

• amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    success.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I am deathly afraid of tests or high-pressure/failure-is possible situations.

If I were a worm, I would be as small as possible.
  • g44219
    g44219 Posts: 3,665 Member
    Options
    Heights! I have nightmares about being on tall buildings at times and wake up sweating!

Sandworm from Beetlejuice
  • sw33tp3a_1
    sw33tp3a_1 Posts: 795 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Looking outside my window at night. You just don't know if someone is standing outside your window [this has happened to me before. Scary AF]

Worm. The shortest one of all.
  • laffercat
    laffercat Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Heights (not unique) and slugs.
  • jjejjtu
    jjejjtu Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I have a fear every time I see a child running that they are going to fall and split their face open. Every time I see a child running I can't watch because I am 100% sure they're going to bite it and land on their face, and bust open their forehead or beak their nose or any number of horrifying things that I could list that could potentially happen to their face. I thought this was just a thing that happened to me because I am a parent but now that my kids are older it still exists, just with other people's children.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Being eaten alive by an anaconda
    Tornados
    Kids in horror movies being creepy
    Windows that are not covered I will not sleep in any room with that u covered window *kitten*
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Fear: I'm scared of the shark that lives at the bottom of the swimming pool at night. He's there...I feel him watching me.
    I also want to know where he hides in the daytime

Worm: 5 3/4 inches long.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Fear: I'm scared of the shark that lives at the bottom of the swimming pool at night. He's there...I feel him watching me.
    I also want to know where he hides in the daytime

Worm: 5 3/4 inches long.

You're certainly not alone there @boldened. For my sister and I, it's not a physical entity per se, but a watching presence. We find it annoying more than anything because we like to swim our laps at night time in the backyard pool. Reverted to switching all the pool lighting on(disturbing flash of light underwater as we swim by fixtures), but that merely removes all the ambience and sweetness of night swims ... Takes away from a 'natural water' type swim relaxation. For us, it is sudden. We swim several laps in the dark (no problem) ... Then, as we take a breath midswim, we both stop at the same time, start treading water for the same reason ... Something is watching. Water level change is also obvious. If it was just one of us, it would be different. Both of us at the same time? Weird, not something to be fearful over. Swim at the Fitness Club now at night time still.

ETA: We don't like to heat the pool, unless other people are over. Is your's heated for your swims? Or cold?