5'6" and 205. Anyone else?

Options
Looking for some others that are close in size to me to do this weight journey together. I'm 35, 5'6" and 209. My goal is 160. I wear a 14/16 and I'd love to be an 8/10. I'm on a low-carb diet and I LOVE Jazzercise. I'd like some more friends to help motivate me and exchange tips and recipes and things like that. Add me!!

Replies

• MicheleZee69
    MicheleZee69 Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Gaia85
    Gaia85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm 31, 5'6, started at 202.2lb, size 14. I'm 194 now. My first major goal is 165lb. I would love to be a size 10 at that weight. I have this dream of 135lb but I need to see how 165 looks. I tend to get ahead of myself and then it doesn't work out.

Five years ago, I was at a similar starting weight, got down to 172 and then let it go. I don't want that to happen this time.

Let's be friends and keep each other motivated!
  • eluvscats
    eluvscats Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well I'm pretty darn close too! I'm 30, 5'6", currently 194 lbs. highest weight was 255, aiming for 140 eventually. Slow and steady here. :)
  • Holly23bgs
    Holly23bgs Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm right around there with you! Turning 28 later this month, I'm 5'6" and 197 currently and hope to get to 155 some day sooner rather than later! I like to set myself little goals to celebrate along the way. Let's do it together :)
  • SimplyB_e_a_utiful
    Options
    I'm within the range as well. 5'6'' and 197lbs. Looking to lose 30-50lbs. I would love some help and motivation and can try to help motivate! Add me. [:
  • cardiacmommy
    cardiacmommy Posts: 52 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    5'5.5" was 215.8 at highest..currently fluctuating around 189. That has taken 18 months. Goal is 185 by Jan1. 175 by mid feb. Then final goal i think is 145. Been over 180 my whole adult life so we'll see.
  • Valmallon2016
    Valmallon2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me to I'm 36,5.4" and 202.4lbs... I had lost 40 lbs on weight watchers but when the new program started in January with ophra I gained it all back so I'm back to where I was when I started my weight loss journey in February 2015. So I want to be back to 175 just like before.
  • crystal333penny
    crystal333penny Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm in. I'm 5' 6 1/2 inches. I weigh 261 (ugh) and want to get down to 150. I guess we'll be in this for awhile. I'd lost weight a number of years ago. I didn't reach goal but was not this heavy. I became ill and was put on this really strict eating regimen. Once I was better, I wanted NO dietary restrictions....Now I'm paying for my indulgence. So how do we do this support thing?
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Started at almost exactly that! 18 lbs down so far, 1st big goal is 176.
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm 36, 5'7" 217 lbs, goal weight of 180 lbs. My food diary is open and I try to kick *kitten*. Any FR's are welcome.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me. I'm 5'5, 26 years old, and currently 200 lbs. I try to be active and supportive on MFP
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm 26, 5'8" 175 lbs. I started at 240 and my next goal is to get below 170 with an ultimate goal of 155.
  • rbarbera
    rbarbera Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was 205 and am now down to 157 I am 5' 7". I work out 60 minutes a day now and regularly compete in bike and running races of varying distances. Tried tons of diets but found that all that really works for me is to manage a very balanced diet and the exercise is crucial. I also cut out the whites (rice, processed wheat, dairy and sugar) this helps me maintain and get healthier carbs and proteins in. Highly recommend a regimen of coconut oil, a ton of water and I drink EAS Myoplex on a recommendation from a friend. I only drink half before a work out the protein helps me get more burn and keeps me from being so hungry (I have a good appetite) I agree with an earlier comment that this is a marathon not a sprint. Took me a few years to get all the way down. I also work out a lot with a friend. It helps and we share tips and encourage each other. Good luck to everyone!
  • rbarbera
    rbarbera Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    PS- I am 36
  • tobandit
    tobandit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 39 and was 213lbs or so at my highest. I've been focused since August 1st (I was about 201lbs at that point), I trained for a 5k that I ran in October and focused on diet, and as of this morning i'm 168.4. I originally set my goal for 165, but now that I'm close, I've adjusted it to 155 or so - I'd love to have a normal BMI (I know it shouldn't matter, but for some reason it does).

This is hard but totally doable! I've actually done it with family support and creeping on mfp.

Let me know if you have questions :)
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I was that when I started the first time 7 years ago. Got down to 145 and am now trying to build muscle. It can be done! Feel free to friend for support!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Hi - am 5'5" 202. Lost 20# last spring then stopped mfp and bad habits reemerged and weight is back. Would be thrilled to get below 170. Friend me!!
  • crystal333penny
    crystal333penny Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I received your e-mail. It said I should log in and accept your friend request but I don't see it.
  • brattyrosi
    brattyrosi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    clpmm1881 wrote: »
    Looking for some others that are close in size to me to do this weight journey together. I'm 35, 5'6" and 209. My goal is 160. I wear a 14/16 and I'd love to be an 8/10. I'm on a low-carb diet and I LOVE Jazzercise. I'd like some more friends to help motivate me and exchange tips and recipes and things like that. Add me!!

• brattyrosi
    brattyrosi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! 5'6 248, 36, I'm adoring a clean eating diet, lost 9lbs so far, I walk 30 minutes a day and fitness boxing in the evening, goal weight also 160, I'm not focused on a number though just want to feel and look healthy!!!