Anyone Else Need to Lose 100 +

Options
Hi I just joined today. I belong(ed?) to another diet site, but after 8 years there I've decided it's time for a change. I've yo-yoed for that eight years, actually lost 75 at one point, but shamefully ended up back where I started last August. I have learned a lot, but applied too little consistently, since bucking up last August I'm down 40 pounds give or take.

I'm hoping a change of scenery along with my new determination and hopefully a few people to share with will see me making more progress. I'm looking for a few supportive people who are in a similar situation as myself. Please let me know if you'd like to join me in supporting each other. My method is reduced, but not crazy low carbs. Little to no flour products and/or processed foods. I'm big on vegetables and fruit and love to share recipes and ideas.

A bit about me, I'm happily married for 31 years do a dedicated family man, we've raised 4 kids and currently have 3 grand kids that we adore. It's my wish to head into retirement in two years time as a slimmer, more active person. If you think I'm someone you'd like to hang with, just leave a few words about yourself so we can begin our journey together.

Here's hoping everyone has a good day filled with good choices.

Mimi

Replies

• SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hi. Have 100lbs to lose also. Good luck!
  • simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    Welcome! There is a group for 100+ to lose. If you do a search it will come up. Search for "Looking for those who have 100 + to lose"
  • bcrugbygirl
    bcrugbygirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome
    I am new as well =)
    I have lost about 65 lbs now over the past few years and have been stuck so time to start kicking my *kitten* to do what needs to be done =)

Good Luck
    Feel Free to add me =)
  • Touched670
    Touched670 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    hi Mimi,
    I too have over 100 pounds to lose.
    I am exercising 5-6 days a week (walking and doing Zumba),, counting calories (1500 a day) and drinking enough water to fill a small pool! I am still yo-yoing with about 3 pounds every week or so. SOOO frustrating.
    Recipes! Really? Bring them on. However, I live alone so I don't want to cook awhole lot of food at one time.
    Add me as a friend! This may help me get where I need to be!

Tammy :)
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    yes i am new on here and have 150lbs to lose
  • Mimi4one
    Mimi4one Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi all, didn't mean to disappear for two days, having a hard time wrapping my head around all the changes I need to make. Like I said I'm not new at this, but there are so many ways to approach weight loss and so far none of them have worked long term. Maybe the thing to do is keep changing it up.

Serenerose, good luck, what has been your approach so far?

Simplysara9, thanks for the heads up on the other thread, I'll look for it. Shall I assume it's active and flowing?

bcrugbygirl, congrats on being down 65, (wish I could say that), sorry for your stuck place, hope you get things rolling again soon.

Tammy, I will add you as a friend, as soon as I figure out how to do it, I've not yet familiarized myself with the site. My family is dwindling down, so I'm often cooking for one, I'd be glad to share ideas with you.

tjazmin, thanks for responding, I see it was your first post, join me in scoping out the other 100+ thread, I'm sure we'll learn much from there.

I'm off to a good start, just finished my 3 day juice fast, I feel great, cravings are gone and I feel so alive and ready to take on the next 40 pounds!!! :)

Mimi
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Hi I have close to 100 to lose.

You said you did a juice fast. What is that? Super curious :0)
  • Mimi4one
    Options
    It's a way of cleansing and detoxing, to break addictions to carbs/sugar
    I did it for 3 days, which is pretty normal. First meal of the first day is high protein, then it's nothing but freshly juiced fruits and vegetables along with plenty of water until the last meal of the third day which is a small piece of chicken or fish and some low carb/starch vegetables.

I had been on vacation and had allowed some bad habits back in while away, so I needed something to get back on track.

Juicing is not a good thing to do long term, but it's a quick start, I'll continue to juice one meal every other day to keep my nutrition up. Juicing get's the energy and nutrients into the system quickly, as it bypasses digestion, there is little fiber in the juices, no added fat or protein, so it's just fresh enzymes and simple carbs.

If you decide to to this, let my warn you if you haven't done anything like this in the past, detoxing feels like having the flu, and the fluxuation of blood glucose and insulin might make you feel whoozie, best to do when you can rest the body. Give it a google before considering.

Good luck,

Mimi
  • goofynat
    goofynat Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am looking for 100+ friends. Please add me if you want to be a supporter and co-motivator with me.
    cheers ~ Nat :)
  • Mimi4one
    Options
    Hi Nat, I'll be glad to add you as friend.

Good luck with meeting your goals.

Mimi
  • goofynat
    goofynat Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: 100 + Pounds to Lose
    under search in community
  • robingalatian
    Options
    Hi there, and WELCOME... I am also new and need to lose 100+ pounds...Could use friends and encouragement also...Recipies would be fantastic.......I have been married going on 16yrs....we have 6 kids combined...and 6 grandchildren...I have heart disease and etc...I need to do this..and with help and motivation, I know I can....Anyone is welcome to add me........Thank you
  • BigZ486
    BigZ486 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have about 230 more lbs. to lose (I've lost 20 so far...when I do my weekly weigh-in in the morning, hopefully 25!!). Feel free to add me, anyone :-)
  • ArtieKuhn88
    Options
    Everyone feel free to add me! Let's help each other do this! Here's to kicking that 100+ pounds right where the sun don't shine! :drinker:
  • Mimi4one
    Options
    TOPIC: 100 + Pounds to Lose
    under search in community

Wow! There sure are a lot of them! Looks like we're all in good company. :wink:

Today was a great day, well depending on how one looks at it. I had no appetite, so that's good right. Or is eating under 500 cals for the day a bad thing? At least they were balanced, just hope I don't find them tomorrow, geesh. I assure you this is not habitual.

Mimi
  • sistermooooon
    Options
    I'm 266lbs as of Monday. Time to stop all this nonsense and get healthy. Nice to meet you!!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Yes, there really are A LOT of groups for people who need to lose over 100 pounds. I have only been on here a month, and I follow at least 4 of them. Some of the people overlap, but there are always different ones on there to keep you motivate or offer inspiration.
  • bcrugbygirl
    bcrugbygirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    just did weigh in and am 310.2 but have weigh ins on saturday <3
    lets see how this goes <3 want to end up at 220 ish maybe 200 lbs <3