Having trouble getting water in!

Options
I have been having lots of trouble getting my 8 cups of water in! I am not normally thirsty, but I also have to watch how much water I am taking in cause of the one medication I am taking. I cannot drink no more than 6 cups of water with it or I will completely flush it out of my system! I was also wondering if flavored water, like SoBe (no calories) would be considered water intake. Thanks for any help any one can provide me!

Replies

• skinnyminimoni
    Options
    Try getting those little powdered water flavor packets--that's what I use on days that I just cannot drink straight water!
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    just do what you can...i find it hard also....as long as you look as the calories and its water you can count it....even if its flavored water and watch to see if it has sodium and all that in it also....I use lemon in mine and it boosts the metabolism also
  • la_traviesa36013
    Options
    It gets easier in time- trust me. I use to NEVER drink water (or much of anything), but its easier to get in my 10 cups a day now.
  • daveredfern
    Options
    At work I have a 2ltr bottle of water and don't leave till its gone! It works quite well for me but I don't drink anything but water.

Cordial is good to have. Its about 10 calories per pint.
  • Princess626
    Options
    I started using Mio Liquid... It's flavored drops you can add to water. There's no calories, carbs, sugars, or anything in it, but it makes the water more tolerable. And the packaging is convenient so you can use a different flavor every time you refill your water bottle :)
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    I started using Mio Liquid... It's flavored drops you can add to water. There's no calories, carbs, sugars, or anything in it, but it makes the water more tolerable. And the packaging is convenient so you can use a different flavor every time you refill your water bottle :)
    Mio is soooo goooodd
  • AnathemaRose
    Options
    Just get what you can in. Most foods add to that water count without you having to drink any, so whatever you don't get from drinking, you should get from eating veggies and fruits. You don't want to drink more than you're supposed to if you are taking medication that requires you not to.
  • ccak2004
    ccak2004 Posts: 6
    Options
    I seen those Mio's, but they are kind of expensive!! How many bottles of water can you get out of one of those little thing??
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    I seen those Mio's, but they are kind of expensive!! How many bottles of water can you get out of one of those little thing??
    its alot....well it depends on how strong you want to taste it...1 last me about a week or 1 1/2 weeks
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    Yeah, just keep at it. You get used to it and will start to see the benefits.

I used to hardly drink any water and now I drink two litres a day religiously. The best thing to do, like a few others have said, is fill up a big bottle of water and keep it with you at home or at work and just sip on it throughout the day. I've been doing this for over a year now and would feel very strange if I didn't get my daily water in!

Good luck, x