Who Am I?

Options
thomasroti3
thomasroti3 Posts: 4 Member
edited December 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I'm 75 years old, a male, and a lover of good food. However, I have had gastric bypass surgery 6 years ago. I lost 116 pounds. I have tried for years to lose the weight. I had all kinds of medical complications: diabetes, high blood pressure, cardio vascular disease, fatty liver, you name it I had it. The people at Northwestern University, in their Lifestyle Management Center, helped me get this miracle cure. I no longer have diabetes, no more insulin shots, I my dietary selections are so much better. YES I have gained some weight back, 20 pounds. However some of it is due to inactivity due to recent surgery. Good luck.

[post edited by MFP mod]

Replies

• raizelchaya
    raizelchaya Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Happy for you that your surgery was a success! I assume you are here to learn more about healthy eating at the same time as maintaining your losses. Wishing you much success!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your experience Thomas! Welcome. :)
  • CaptainJoy
    CaptainJoy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I found this My Fitness Pal app and lost 105 pounds without weight loss surgery. I have lowered my blood pressure, cholesterol, and triglycerides all to healthy ranges. I can now walk and run without pain (most of the time). I just finished my first 10k run. Still, I know that every person is different.

Please don't let that 20 pounds grow to 50, 100, or more pounds. Gastric bypass is a good tool when all else fails BUT life happens. When you can't exercise, eat less. Count your calories and look at your nutrition to maintain your loss and stay healthy. I'm only 57 but my dad's in his 90's. I hope to be as energetic and healthy as he is if I live to be that old.

Congratulations and good luck staying healthy! Stay motivated!