Lesson learned- check nutritional value before ordering!

Options
Last night, with around 800 calories left, I thought it would be fun to use them for a treat and to get a specialty drink at a local convenience store. When I got home with the drink in my hand, I went to log it and learned that it was over 1000 calories! I ended up only drinking half of it so I wouldn't go over my calories. (It was a Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate, Medium sized.) I learned that before I go somewhere to get a treat, I need to look up the calories and be SURE before I order it that I want to blow that many calories on it.

Replies

• 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Always!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It's all a learning process, good job OP.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how many calories can be squeezed into a medium cup. ;) I've been blindsided many times when logging after eating out...
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    yup - i try to pre-plan as much as possible

peanut butter (high fat), hot chocolate (high fat/carbs) - i can see how it easily would top out at 1000cal
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! And it's a great reminder - thank you. Good for you for portioning yourself. :)
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yep! I've had a few times of "Holy cow - are you serious" when I saw how many calories were in something! My greatest shocker was how many calories were in a 'mini' sonic blast!
  • Gamerchick00
    Gamerchick00 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've never been to Sonic, SweetP27, but it sounds like I shouldn't go! :)
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. Glad it was a lesson learned!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    SweetP27 wrote: »
    Yep! I've had a few times of "Holy cow - are you serious" when I saw how many calories were in something! My greatest shocker was how many calories were in a 'mini' sonic blast!

Or a mini brownie concrete at Freddy's. How do they even do that?!?

ghktc3kbe9j1.png
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options

ghktc3kbe9j1.png

I had a medium one of those a few weeks ago (wasn't tracking that day) probably better that I didn't look it up to feel crippling guilt for how outrageous it must have been.... yikes.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

ghktc3kbe9j1.png

I had a medium one of those a few weeks ago (wasn't tracking that day) probably better that I didn't look it up to feel crippling guilt for how outrageous it must have been.... yikes.

They're so freaking good, too. >:)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

ghktc3kbe9j1.png

there is a dessert at Red Robin that my sister bought...its 1400cal! (and of course, she left my house and left it in the fridge)
  • Gamerchick00
    Gamerchick00 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Red Robin is another sneaky one, isn't it! Those gourmet burgers of theirs are the devil. The guacamole bacon burger is 1151 calories!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    there ought to be a law....... :)