Lack of willpower with strength training

Options
Hello!

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but hey. I'm really trying to work on my thighs, I've hated them for most of my life. I know I need to do lots of squats and lunges to tone them up, but I'm finding it hard to keep the motivation to do them for more than a couple of days at a time before I lapse again.

I don't have this problem with cardio - I will quite happily do my running, cycling, spinning or skipping every day - and I think this is because putting it into the app gets me more calories to eat. And strength training just doesn't have that benefit.

Does anyone else have this problem, or any advice on how to keep myself motivated with the strength training? Thanks ever so much! xx

Replies

• SunshineAndLove
    SunshineAndLove Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't know but I would like to find out also!

The only thing I can suggest is that you keep measurements of your thighs and measure them again every couple of weeks after doing your squats and lunges and you are BOUND to see a reduction if you keep it up.
  • traceyford
    traceyford Posts: 21
    Options
    Im not an expert but what i do know is that strength training increases your metabolism which wil in turn speed your weight loss, ages after a work out. I also agree about measuring yourslef, i get very dishearted when i dont see a weight loss but, dont know whey becuase my clothes feel much looser.

I started a month long training program provided by a Personal Traininer at my local gym, i have had to really push myself and resist weighing myself, hence no movenment on my weight loos chart so far, but i am sooooo excited about getting weighed AND measured because i know my body shape is changing ... look at for my up date in a couple of weeks

Ps keep it up, its is hard work at times but sooo worth it x:wink:
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I've been measuring myself once a week - my original aim was to fit back into my jeans, which I almost can do now, but since I wasn't completely happy before, I'm not giving up yet. I have seen a bit of a change (lost a few inches), but do have to admit I've been focusing more on what the scales have been saying because I weigh myself every day. Perhaps I should try to alter my priorities in how I'm judging the improvement in my body.

Wish there was a way to make it more fun! I guess it won't take long before you see an improvement though, so if I can stick it out until there are signs of a change, then perhaps that will motivate me to continue further? Thanks for the advice! xx