Sound Advice from Bob Greene & Sacrifice

Options
Started reading a book by Oprah's fitness "guru" and while I'm not one to jump on the celebrity bandwagon crap, he (Bob Greene, book: "Total Body Makeover"), has some good thoughts. To paraphrase: The 4 cornerstones of losing weight are honesty about why you're not losing, taking responsibility for your behavior, committing to doing what it takes to change, and mustering the inner strength to make it happen. He is right about that. I like the fact that he makes no bones about it not being easy. He says flat out that losing weight is one of the hardest things you'll ever do. You have to work hard, make tough decisions. In order to succeed you have to give something up whether it be leisure time or favorite foods.

I am giving up my weekly "cheat" day and last night stopped watching a movie I was in the middle of in order to get to bed, so that I would not have an excuse to skip 5:30 am boot camp.

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO SACRIFICE TO MEET YOUR GOALS???

Replies

• noely1974
    noely1974 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Drink!!! always enjoy a drink on a friday after work, especially when the sun is shining but i always have too many , wake up hungry and craving rubish food . I am not going to stop going out and being sociable so i am going to limit myself to every other week and see how it goes!!