Excerise and The Fat Roll

Options
I know this is kinda a weird question but Can anyone tell me if I should wear a body shaper when I do Zumba ? I feel like maybe my skin gets stretched out more by me bouncing around. Maybe it will help me move better too. I don't know, can anyone help ?

Replies

• vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    thats a great question!!! im lookin forward to the answers!
  • sweetie89207
    sweetie89207 Posts: 361
    Options
    dont kno bout the stretching...but if it isnt uncomfortable i'd say go for it cuz it would most likely help out a lot with the moves and flexability...i kno my body sometimes gets in the way and im like grr move fat! lol
  • change_happens
    Options
    I guess it would be like wearing a sport/support bra while exercising.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    This is similar to the argument of "to wear or not to wear, a bra."

Some folks say that not supporting yourself (bra or belly, any skin area really) will help you because you are working the ligaments and strengthening them through use.

Others say that you should always use support, because the ligaments will become overused and weak after too much work.

Studies on this and that and all the info I have ever read goes straight down the middle! Nobody seems to be able to prove one way or the other that we need (or don't need) support.

So, do what you are comfortable with :)
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    I've lost 20 pounds and have noticed that my belly is a lot looser and seems more jiggly when jumping around too. I wore a tight exercise top to Zumba today and was less conscious of the jiggling which I liked better. I think I'm going to wear something snugger now (like an extra tight tank top underneath of a looser one) so it doesn't bother me so much next time. An actual body shaper might not be comfortable but if you have a comfy one, it should work great.
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Hi,
    I have a friend who just went and bought one and she says that she's so glad she did,
    it helps support her back and keeps everything from jiggleing so much so therefore it
    feels more comfy for her! It makes sense to me, the same way we wear sports bra's
    to be super supported! Hope this has helped you! Good luck :wink:
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I don't like my belly bouncing around while I work out. I find it very uncomfortable so I wear a waist trimmer belt to keep it in check. I find I can push myself harder and longer in cardio when it isn't bouncing around independently of the rest of me :laugh: :laugh:
  • bwilcox30
    bwilcox30 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Not sure but if the skin jiggles to the point of being uncomfortable or even painful I would say give it a try but make sure it is not too tight because it could restrict your breathing. My daughter is very active but if her sports bra is too small she has a hard time sometimes so just keep that in mind.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Omg, I think this is probable the best idea! I was at Zumba tonight, thinking about how much jiggling was going on, hahaha. I think I'll look into this!
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Soziberry
    Soziberry Posts: 115
    Options
    Good idea, lots of jumping puts pressure on the bladder too, anyone solved that problem?
  • MissMissiD
    Options
    Thanks Everyone for the help I think I'm going to start wearing a body shaper to Zumba !
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    OH I thought you were referring to what I have to do when I try to get up after floor work!! :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone for the help I think I'm going to start wearing a body shaper to Zumba !

I say do what ever makes YOU feel better. When I am in Zumba, I am so exhausted I don't care WHAT anyone else does.:wink: