How to stop the habbit of eating when your feeling down???

Options
ok so ive had a bad week this week, and feel quite stressed and low.. how do i break this habbit of just eating?? thing is im not even hungry???
any ideas?
karla

Replies

• mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    get unhealthy food out and healthy food in.....if you feel bad do something that makes you feel good like a walk or something.....
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I take a nap or go away from the food and read a book. I have a horrible relationship with food so it is purely me telling myself no over and over if i actually succeed is a whole other story
  • gmcdonough2505
    gmcdonough2505 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Karla,

I get this feeling quite often, and find the best way to get over it is to get out in the fresh air.

For me a good bike ride works great, the more stress, the more effort that goes into the ride, the better i feel after.

If you can't get out for a ride, then a brisk walk, could help.

Good Luck
    Graham

7299784.png
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Get really engrossed in something fun! Take a relaxing bath and read a good book, do something creative like paint, go on a downloading spree of pretty desktop wallpapers, play a video game. :) Your mind will be taken off of the stress and you won't be thinking about food either.
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    I have always tended to eat when I'm feeling low. However, when I've been tempted more recently I've asked myself 'am I going to feel even more low if I eat excessively right now?' and the answer is always 'yes'. I suffer from terrible guilt when I mess up a diet and I think, although it's really tough, stopping yourself before you actually make yourself feel even worse is the key.

In saying this, I think there's nothing wrong with going easy on yourself for a day every now and then!:)
  • ArtieKuhn88
    Options
    Fresh air, a nice hot bubble bath, a little dark chocolate if you MUST indulge and your favorite album. Repeat.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I would exercise, and by time you are done you will feel better and not want to eat.x
  • Keefypoos
    Keefypoos Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    find out what it is thats bothering you food is a substute for something in your life
  • xkarlax
    xkarlax Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    good answers here thank you people.. may take my 1yr old shopping ;0 x