I'm Losing Motivation Guys

Hello all!

Well as the subject line states, I'm losing motivation. It started with Thanksgiving. Instead of one day of eating it turned into a whole a weekend. I've been having some trouble staying on course since. I'm still logging my food, but have gone over several days. Good news is I have not gained anything...yet, but I know if I continue to go this route I will. I started out soooo strong and now I feel myself giving in to bad choices. Even binge eating which I had not done in a couple of months.

Feeling frustrated with myself!

Replies

• jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    This time of year is really tough when we're constantly surrounded with awesome stuff and it seems that everyone else is eating it with abandon. Try to remind yourself why you started this process in the first place and focus on those motivations.

Some people switch to maintenance during the holidays, knowing that a deficit isn't realistic for them. You might try that, then resume your weight loss once the holidays have passed. You'll still be in a better spot than if you had just given up and eaten everything in sight for the rest of the year. Good luck!
  • csingletary3
    csingletary3 Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    I completely understand. I've found myself in the same place. I agree with jessiefrancine. Keep going! Even though you're discouraged, you haven't given up and that's the most important thing.
  • Finkerbell
    Finkerbell Posts: 154 Member
    I am too. I'm trying to get back into it but getting those good habits back is proving to be harder than I had expected.
    Every day I just try to get back and remember what I'm doing it for.
    One day at a time right?
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,130 Member
    The past is the past. Tighten up. Do what you need to do. You'll go over some days during this time, but it's not the end of the world and it's not an excuse to go over the next day. Every day is a new day to stay on your plan.
  • Aww, don't get frustrated. Stay positive about all the hard work that you've already put in. You just need to make it a good habit again. I believe in you!
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    I would suggest just logging your food and also trying to stick to maintenance calories - some days you'll be over, some days under and it'll likely even out. Also, stick to your normal exercise routine. (You may see some water weight changes here if you're eating differently than you usually do.) Habits over motivation for a few weeks!

Focus on keeping up any habits you developed - vegetable or water intake, not drinking sugary drinks, eating portioned servings before deciding you need more, whichever - then enjoy the holidays otherwise. It's totally possibly to get back on track and lose weight during the holidays, but if you're struggling to do so, you may want to relax your calorie deficit but maintain habits.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Thanks you guys!

I haven't stopped logging so that's a plus, lol. I just needed a little support. Thanks so much for the kind words of encouragement.

I decided this morning after feeling sorry for myself that I intend on losing 5 lbs by New Year. I think this small attainable goal will give me the extra push I need right now.

Again, thanks for the encouragement. Reminds me why I am here sometimes. <3
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    If you keep logging consistently you'll drift back. Just take it one day at a time.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    take it one day at a time and realize that you won't be perfect

you mgiht want to reevaluate your calories and see if maybe they are too low and that is why you are having issues hitting them