So thirsty i feel a little sick!!!!

Options
I know this sounds funny but I am so thirsty. I would have always had a few cans of coke a day. Now that I’m only drinking water I can’t get rid of my thirst. I drink and drink and still fell I need to drink something. Is anyone else feeling like this? Or maybe I’m just crazy!!! :blushing:

Replies

• Lusinda1979
    Options
    Hi there

I find it helps to add a little bit of lemon juice to my water and I add lots of Ice, this normally helps me :)
  • Keefypoos
    Keefypoos Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    wether this is myth or fact I dunno

try taking a little extra salt to help water retention to resolve the thirst
  • craigburnett
    craigburnett Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, though my vice is coffee, not coke. I just keep drinking water until I can't anymore and it seems to help. I suspect the problem will go away entirely in time.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It might just be your body adapting to the change, but if the thirst is ongoing I would go and see your doctor.
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Could be a sign of diabetes
  • Lotus1980
    Lotus1980 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am also thirsty all the time, and peeing all the time as i am drinking a lot more water, sometimes it feels as if my throat is stuck together. I think maybe we notice it more because it's tasteless and we dont enjoy it as much as other drinks.
  • lovessweets
    Options
    I will keep up the water but all i want is a coke. It might be all in my head. I can handle not eatting junk food but the coke thing.Ahhhh :sad:
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I feel a little bit like this as well, i have noticed since i cut other drinks back and increased my water i feel more thirsty. I am quite relieved to ses i am not alone in this.
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Diabetese test!
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    First, be tested for diabetes as extreme thirst is a warning sign for it. Second, if you aren't diabetic, have a Coke! One Coke once in a while isn't going to make you fat. Cutting out a food/drink item that you love so you feel deprived can make you binge on it eventually, which can be an issue. Basically, if you have 150 calories (about 12 ounces) of Coke a day, you can burn it off with exercise that day. But if you feel deprived and drink a 6 pack (6-12 ounce cans or 72 ounces) you are less likely to be able to burn off that 900 calories in one day so they get stored as fat. So, you're better off to keep having your Coke but to work it into your calorie range for the day.
  • Marsha_S
    Marsha_S Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I will keep up the water but all i want is a coke. It might be all in my head. I can handle not eatting junk food but the coke thing.Ahhhh :sad:

Remember Coke is addictive....caffeine, like coffee is. I had this problem about a decade ago, where i felt I couldn't go a day without drinking a can of coke. When I realised what was happening I kicked myself in the butt and beat that habit pronto! Your body will get used to drinking water. Maybe to make it a bit more palatable you can drink it chilled (especially if it's hot).

Hope this helps ;-D
  • lovessweets
    Options
    Thanks eveyone for the replys. I have an appointment with my doc this week so i will ask about the Diabetese test. I have put so lemon into my water today and i am finding it a little better.
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I feel a little bit like this as well, i have noticed since i cut other drinks back and increased my water i feel more thirsty. I am quite relieved to ses i am not alone in this.

I had the same issue, but it has gotten better. I think it just takes some getting used to. And i was tested for diabetes last week, my levels are perfect.
  • aimee223
    aimee223 Posts: 3
    Options
    have you tried Cristal light?
  • lovessweets
    Options
    What is cristal light?
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    What is cristal light?

Crystal Light is a powdered, low-calorie drink mix that you add to water. It's sweetened with aspartame.

There are many similar products on the market, all containing artificial sweeteners.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Although going to the doctors is good advice chances are it's just your body getting over the addiction to the soda and you will adjust in time.
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    What about Diet Coke?

I drink fizzy water (club soda, seltzer, whatever you call it in your area). I find it more satisfying to drink than flat water--must be the bubbles. I made my own at home with a SodaStream soda maker. They also sell "essences" to add flavors: lemon-lime, orange, I think some others. Those essences have no calories, sugar, or artificial sweetener, but add a nice taste of fruit.

Another drink to add into your rotation if you can't get excited about water is iced tea. It's really easy to make tea from all kinds of herbs or tea leaves. My personal favorite is fresh spearmint: Make a pot of boiling water and steep a bunch of spearmint until the water is cool. Pour into a pitcher and refrigerate. This makes a concentrated essence, which is perfect poured over ice. My other favorite is to do this with fresh ginger and lemon peel.