So depressed and filled with anxiety today

Options
I know the forums isnt the place to reach out for any kind of shoulder to lean on... and i apologize in advance for makig this post.

Replies

• Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You can always ask for a shoulder! That's why there's a motivation and support thread. I have been dealing with a lot of anxiety lately as well. I am aware of what's triggering it but that doesn't always make it easier. Just trying to manage it as much as possible. I feel for you!
  • Zephrine
    Zephrine Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Don't feel like I should 'like' this, but totally understand where you are coming from. I suffer from both and at the moment am feeling really under pressure with Christmas approaching. Feel free to message me if you want to chat.
  • DC_United216
    DC_United216 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I understand where your coming from I myself also deal with depression and anxiety some days are worse than Others its good to have people who can be there for you.if you want add me I'm always down to help in anyway possible!
  • Dr_Farru
    Dr_Farru Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    We're all mad in here! =)
  • Zephrine
    Zephrine Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Aren't we all :D
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I'm nuts too. If it's the diet stressing you out then take a break and come back to it later.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    :/ I just read your other thread. I'm not a doctor but writing things down helps me. When I start getting anxious about my food I write that down. I explain it out in detail in my diary and read over it once I think I've gotten it all out and it helps. Finding a shoulder would help too. Idk if I ever would have gotten out of bed and started feeling like I deserved food again if I hadn't found a kind soul. But it's not easy I know. Not everyone has a support system. Idk what I could say except that I'm sorry you're having a hard time and I hope you can find what you're looking for.
  • WW1984
    WW1984 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    According to the Body Mass Index (BMI), I was considered OBESE. As a result, I became obsessed with losing weight which led to a LIFESTYLE CHANGE!

My obsession started with changing my mindset. My motto about food now is "EAT TO LIVE, NOT LIVE TO EAT". I'm 46 years old at 4'11" and my weight loss journey is as follows:

SW 145.6 lbs on 9/17/2016 (BMI = Obese)
    CW 128.4 lbs as of 12/4/2016 (BMI = Overweight)
    UW 105 lbs by 2/20/2017 (BMI = Desirable Weight). But I will settle for 112 lbs (BMI = Desirable Weight) by that date and will continue to work towards my UW goal.

MY STRUGGLE IS REAL!!! But since changing my mindset, MFP has become an obsession for me when tracking my meals and macros. Although I meet, exceed or don't meet some of my macros; I'm still losing an average of 1 to 1.5 lbs a week. Consequently, my weight loss has been slow and steady which is the best way. Replacing coffee to include cream and sugar with oolong and green tea (+ 1 tbs honey & lemon juice) has helped a lot as well as following this simple and most effective rule: 80% Clean Diet + 20% Moderate Exercise = WEIGHT LOSS!

Last, I've learned that there are no shortcuts! Creating a calorie deficit (through moderate calorie restriction and increase in physical activity) is the only way to lose weight. Any plan that does not require sacrifice is unrealistic and leads to failure!

Since the beginning of my LIFESTYLE CHANGE, I've gone from a size 9 to a size 6. My ULTIMATE goal is to get back into a size 2.

YOU CAN AND WILL SUCCEED! :)<3
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. I'm feeling this way too,maybe not for the same reasons- I don't know. I do know it affects how I eat and my desire to exercise so this forum is definitely the place for reaching out.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    SAME! It must be the weather. Ever since October I've been in such a funk, having random crying outbursts, always anxious to the point where I'm making myself sick, and always thinking negatively (with work, relationships, etc.) even though everything is going fine. I feel bad for my S.O. who always hears my crap, but I think after the past few months of it he's starting to get aggravated. I wake up every morning saying I'm going to think positive and be nice, and then it just doesn't happen. Trying again today. Fresh start.