New macros

Options
Right now I weigh 137, I'm 19 and 5'8. I've been eating 1590 cal, 160c,140p, and 40-44f. I'm happy with my weight now and would like to mainting my bf% while gaining some muscle. I'm thinking about going to 180c, 135p, and 46f. What do you guys think about those numbers?

Replies

• Benedicteggs
    Benedicteggs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Anna,

Can you tell me how to count my macros? I am completely new to this and I keep finding diff percentages. I am a female @ 5'3 and 131 lbs. I am looking into loosing weight.

Thanks!
  • 4tera
    4tera Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    GOOGLE "macros calculator". Bodybuilding. Com pops up. If you tap on the link it will take u to a page. Scroll down to the calculator. I used it for mine. Mine was 40% carbs, 40%protein, 20% fat.
  • 4tera
    Options
    The calculator works for gain, loss, or maintenance.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    That's not really much different. What are you looking for opinions about? What do you think the change will accomplish?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Macros are based on individual preference and will not affect your weight loss.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    A lot of protein and very little fat.
  • 4tera
    Options
    As soon as I changed my macros I started losing. It may not work for some, but it does for me.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Calories and training dictate body comp for the most part. That little change won't do much, if anything.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    That's not really much different. What are you looking for opinions about? What do you think the change will accomplish?

This.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Just changing your macros around without changing your calories will not get you to gain muscle. You'll want to slowly increase your calorie intake and begin to focus on hard weight lifting. As you increase your calories, do it slowly, so minimize any gains in body fat. Check out this video on the subject :)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3gTGLulLnI