Almost 40 mom looking for friends for this journey

Options
I am looking for some friends for motivation and support. I am 39 (40 in January) and looking to lose about 30 more pounds. I am 5'3 and started at 194 and I am at 177 right now. I am a mom who works full time and so does my husband. He works nights as a truck driver so we only see each other on the weekends. I am out of the house with work and commuting about 11 hours a day. I have a 5 year old son and a 19 year old daughter. My biggest struggle is with sweets and just getting started to workout. My family is my world and the most important thing in my life. I am Christian and love helping people and animals. I could really use some friends who have some things in common so we can support each other. Thanks!

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Hey Momasox, feel free to add me. I am a 41 year old mother to 3 boys (12,12,21). I work full time, but luckily don't have much of a commute anymore except when I bike the 8 miles to work. I know it can be difficult to juggle exercise and taking care of yourself while taking care of everyone else, but you have to make it a priority in order to succeed. Best of luck to you!
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hi there! We have similar stats, weight loss goals, and family lifestyles. Feel free to add me.
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add you I need new friends for new boost! I'm also married to a truck driver but he's over the road so I know exactly what it feels like to never see him. Also have two kids also want to lose about 30 pounds
  • Charlenelindsay5
    Charlenelindsay5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36 yr old mom with 5 children (8 to 17). I also work full time and also commute, which also takes up about 11 hrs of my day. My children are also actively involved in many activities and work, but none of them have their licence yet so add that to living out of town and I am BUSY! My husband owns 3 denture clinics so is rarely home. I'm adding you as a friend but wanted to give a little intro :)
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have your hands very full. Kudos to you to find a way to make very meaningful progress right now. When do you find yourself turning to sweets the most?
  • s0fie
    s0fie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there I am also a mum of an 8 year old and we spend only weekends with my husband. Am very busy and sometimes forget to priorities food prep for me. I too need motivation. Need to loose more than 30 pounds.
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have your hands very full. Kudos to you to find a way to make very meaningful progress right now. When do you find yourself turning to sweets the most?

Usually at work with the abundance of sweets available at every desk and we have a little store in our building as well that is full of all kinds of candy. It is a tight schedule and I usually try to work out during my lunch hour. But also get lazy. Then say I'll work out at home then when I get home I'm all... I just want to chill.
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am looking forward to us supporting each other and making new friends. I am going to make my diary viewable which I have never done. I get self conscious about it but need to be accountable.
  • lisbeth9816
    lisbeth9816 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mom to 3! Have been trying to lose weight with not much success for ages. Would love to motivate and have new friends along the way!
  • lidiaosorio
    lidiaosorio Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. Feel free to add me. I been struggling my self. I also need to loose 20 to 30 pounds
  • mistteak
    mistteak Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me .. Similar story!!
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    momasox wrote: »

Usually at work with the abundance of sweets available at every desk and we have a little store in our building as well that is full of all kinds of candy. It is a tight schedule and I usually try to work out during my lunch hour. But also get lazy. Then say I'll work out at home then when I get home I'm all... I just want to chill.

Understood. Offices typically have environments that are seemingly engineered to make us fatter. Would you say your snackiness in the office is hunger driven? Put differently, do you think you could do a better job eating satiating breakfasts and lunches so that the urge to snack isn't as powerful?