Get rid of lower back fat for a rounder booty? Also measurements

Options
I'm currently bulking and my main focus has been my glutes. I've definitely gained some size in the past 4 months in my glutes. The problem is, I've also gained some lower back fat. Im considering doing a cut. How can i go about doing this without losing much in my glutes? What has worked for those of you that were able to achieve this? Id love to see before and after pictures if you can as well:)

Also, i understand everyone looks different with different measurements. Im curious to know ( those that are comfortable) as to what your measurements are for your hip and waist. Pics too would be nice. .strange request i know

Replies

• Justanotherhippy
    Justanotherhippy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    34 waist 44 hips
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Keep training and eating sufficient protein while on a low cut ..you may lose some muscle but you can minimise it

I'm 5'8 ...height is a factor in how you look as well as genetic predisposition

My waist is 27.5 and my hips are 39 (grown an inch over the last year)..my pics are in my profile
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    You lose fat and those glutes are gonna lose some volume. Mentally prepare because... C'est la vie.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    1) You can't spot reduce fat
    2) You won't lose fat whilst in a caloric surplus
    3)Reference point 1, you will lose fat from your glutes and back

4) Not sure my measurements will be much help to you.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Waist 22 and hips 34. Pic in profile.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Yea it's possible, but of course there will be some loss unfortunately.. good news is as you get leaner they should pop more.
    When cutting what works for me: I try to have adequate protein, keep up my training (sometimes I reduce the volume depending on how I feel but otherwise keep up best I can), and keep my deficit moderate.
    Pictures are in my profile and blog. I am 5'7", at the end of a cut my weight is around 127-130lbs, measurements are waist 26 and hips 37.
  • Nikkimaxim
    Nikkimaxim Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Keep training and eating sufficient protein while on a low cut ..you may lose some muscle but you can minimise it

My waist is 27.5 and my hips are 39 (grown an inch over the last year)..my pics are in my profile

Dang you've got a booty:) I'm 5'3", my waist is 27 and my hips are about 37.5. My hips have grown half an inch in the past 4 months. I would like my waist to get down to 24.5 like i used to be many years ago, but i was only 104 pounds then. Im 126-129 now since bulking these past few months where i started at 117 pounds. If i could get my waist down to at least 25.5 and my hips 36.5 and up, I'd be happy haha
  • Nikkimaxim
    Options
    Dano74 wrote: »
    You lose fat and those glutes are gonna lose some volume. Mentally prepare because... C'est la vie.

I understand that. I see a lot of pictures of people in prep, where in the end of their prep, their glutes appear more lifted and rounder because of that fat loss. I don't plan on going into prep, however, to have my glutes appear a little more lifted and rounder would be nice. In order to at least do this, then i need to lose fat overall, correct?
  • Nikkimaxim
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Yea it's possible, but of course there will be some loss unfortunately.. good news is as you get leaner they should pop more.
    When cutting what works for me: I try to have adequate protein, keep up my training (sometimes I reduce the volume depending on how I feel but otherwise keep up best I can), and keep my deficit moderate.
    Pictures are in my profile and blog. I am 5'7", at the end of a cut my weight is around 127-130lbs, measurements are waist 26 and hips 37.

This is what I'm hoping for. As long as i get leaner, even though I'll be losing inches everywhere then the ratio between my waist and hip should give me the appearance of a bigger bum right?
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Nikkimaxim wrote: »

I understand that. I see a lot of pictures of people in prep, where in the end of their prep, their glutes appear more lifted and rounder because of that fat loss. I don't plan on going into prep, however, to have my glutes appear a little more lifted and rounder would be nice. In order to at least do this, then i need to lose fat overall, correct?

I'm sure it varies physique to physique. I know many a women who in prep and show are sad because while a well built booty will always have its aesthetics, fat loss does reduce volume and "pop". Granted, leanness accentuates certain aspects in its own rights by perhaps reducing some fat in areas but the "lifted and rounder" is only going to show if the work was there in building in the beginning as I'm sure you're aware. Many a physique competitor lose booty to pancake glutes while leaning out while bikini often retain some fat (depending on circuit and expectation to a certain extent) to round things out for a "smoother" look.

Anyway, I guess my point was losing fat is no guarantee of a better or more lifted and round looking booty and a "Hey, From my experience" anecdote of sad face when the more fat is lost, booties reduce.

Looks like you're killing it, so no doubt you'll get to where you want to be.
  • Sued0nim
    Options

Dang you've got a booty:) I'm 5'3", my waist is 27 and my hips are about 37.5. My hips have grown half an inch in the past 4 months. I would like my waist to get down to 24.5 like i used to be many years ago, but i was only 104 pounds then. Im 126-129 now since bulking these past few months where i started at 117 pounds. If i could get my waist down to at least 25.5 and my hips 36.5 and up, I'd be happy haha

My boobs and hips measurement are equal - it's just my genetic lottery

Hip thrusts, squats and deads help :)

TBH I'm a little peeved at my waist but then again I think I'm 49 and have had two kids - my waist isn't going down further without a fight and it would probably take a huge cut which would mean I lost more boobs which I don't wanna

So you gets what you gets
  • Nikkimaxim
    Options

I'm sure it varies physique to physique. I know many a women who in prep and show are sad because while a well built booty will always have its aesthetics, fat loss does reduce volume and "pop". Granted, leanness accentuates certain aspects in its own rights by perhaps reducing some fat in areas but the "lifted and rounder" is only going to show if the work was there in building in the beginning as I'm sure you're aware. Many a physique competitor lose booty to pancake glutes while leaning out while bikini often retain some fat (depending on circuit and expectation to a certain extent) to round things out for a "smoother" look.

Anyway, I guess my point was losing fat is no guarantee of a better or more lifted and round looking booty and a "Hey, From my experience" anecdote of sad face when the more fat is lost, booties reduce.

Thank you, I've put in a lot of work these past 4 months. You've convinced me to continue trying to grow some more first. I was considering a cut now, but i think I'll stick to my original plan of doing a cut at the 6 month mark come February. Im hoping i can slow down this fat gain while I'm at at. Maybe add in a couple of short hiit sessions or some circuit training? I dont log my calories at the moment because I become obsessive. I am gaining like i want but a little too much in my opinion. I do binge eat every now and again so that could be the problem as well..
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

Thank you, I've put in a lot of work these past 4 months. You've convinced me to continue trying to grow some more first. I was considering a cut now, but i think I'll stick to my original plan of doing a cut at the 6 month mark come February. Im hoping i can slow down this fat gain while I'm at at. Maybe add in a couple of short hiit sessions or some circuit training? I dont log my calories at the moment because I become obsessive. I am gaining like i want but a little too much in my opinion. I do binge eat every now and again so that could be the problem as well..

How much have you gained in 4 months? If you can stand it, I would keep going. Ya you will have a bit of fat here and there, it comes with the muscle gain so try not to focus too much on it.. focus on the positive parts that are growing. You can always cover it up with a sweater temporarily.. then when you cut.. ahh.. it's like opening a present!

If you feel like you are gaining too fast, either cut out a snack or maybe add a touch more cardio like you said (not TOO much or you may knock yourself out of surplus).
  • Nikkimaxim
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

How much have you gained in 4 months? If you can stand it, I would keep going. Ya you will have a bit of fat here and there, it comes with the muscle gain so try not to focus too much on it.. focus on the positive parts that are growing. You can always cover it up with a sweater temporarily.. then when you cut.. ahh.. it's like opening a present!

If you feel like you are gaining too fast, either cut out a snack or maybe add a touch more cardio like you said (not TOO much or you may knock yourself out of surplus).

Ive gained about 8-10 pounds the first month! But then another 3 months later, im still at an 8 to 10 pound gain because i cleaned up my diet since then. My glutes are still getting bigger each month in my measurements though. I think a day or two of 10 minutes on the stairmaster might be good for me being that i do not log calories and cheat one or 2 DAYS a week. How long of periods do you try to bulk?
  • Nikkimaxim
    Options

TBH I'm a little peeved at my waist but then again I think I'm 49 and have had two kids - my waist isn't going down further without a fight and it would probably take a huge cut which would mean I lost more boobs which I don't wanna

Your waist looks tiny! ! The same as mine but I'm shorter and my hips are smaller so i look chunky haha
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    gained about 8-10 pounds the first month! But then another 3 months later, im still at an 8 to 10 pound gain because i cleaned up my diet since then. My glutes are still getting bigger each month in my measurements though. I think a day or two of 10 minutes on the stairmaster might be good for me being that i do not log calories and cheat one or 2 DAYS a week. How long of periods do you try to bulk?

Sounds like the dirty diet and not really tracking is where the extra fat came from. You may have some body recomposition during the next couple months that could reduce fat in that area but you'll likely have to wait and see how well your cut goes. It sounds like you're figuring your diet out and what works best. Future bulks/cuts will likely produce better results for ya :smile:

• Sued0nim
    Options

Your waist looks tiny! ! The same as mine but I'm shorter and my hips are smaller so i look chunky haha

You've got a kink in your think if you think you look chunky

You look great in your profile shot ...10 inches waist to hip is supposed to be an ideal ratio

Not sure where I read that derp...will go look :)
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Ahh Devandra Singh, university of Texas waist to hip ratio

"The ideal ratio in healthy pre- menopausal women ranges between 0.67 and 0.8. In terms of the tape measure, this is produced by waists between 24in and 28in with 36in hips, and waists between 27in and 31in with 40in hips."

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/health-what-a-man-cant-resist-the-perfect-waist-hip-ratio-forget-about-breasts-says-jerome-burne-its-1440859.html

Media jollies ;)