Started p90x on 01/19/09

Options
And I am feeling great, SORE, but great. I have already lost almost 3 lbs and a inch and a half off my waist and hips..

I cant wait for weeks 5-6 so see some real results.. In just one week I feel a whole lot better about myself wish me luck ill keep up my progress

Replies

• dirtydserieswoot
    Options
    And I am feeling great, SORE, but great. I have already lost almost 3 lbs and a inch and a half off my waist and hips..

I cant wait for weeks 5-6 so see some real results.. In just one week I feel a whole lot better about myself wish me luck ill keep up my progress
  • dirtydserieswoot
    Options
    well here are the measurments DAY 1

weight 199.4

chest 41.25

waist 41.25

hips 39

right thigh 25

left thigh 25

right arm 13

left arm 12.75

yes i know im fat, but hopefully after 90 days I wont be..

3 years of marriage and baby fat gone in 3 months! ill keep progress pics up

Week 1 END rest day

weight 196.4 -3LBS

chest 42" +.75"

waist 39 -1.25"

hips 38 -1"

right thigh 25 0

left thigh 25 0

UNFLEXED right arm 13.25 +.25"

UNFLEXED left arm 13.00 +.25"
  • dirtydserieswoot
    Options
    Cant see much diff, but im sure in 5 weeks it will be night and day

p90x007ENDWEEK1.jpg

p90x008ENDWEEK1.jpg

p90x009ENDWEEK1.jpg

p90x011WEEK1END.jpg

p90x012COMPARE.jpg
  • bchermok
    Options
    You will definately see a result after 30 days!!! I did when I did it last year!! I have just started it up again and hope to get through the program this time. Good Luck and Keep Bringin It!!!
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    awesome job!!! i just ordered power90 and i get it by the end of the week!!! im sooooo excited!!! good luck and keep it up!!:drinker:
  • ranibauer
    Options
    I can see the difference already! Wow! I think I have to go buy those...
  • dirtydserieswoot
    Options
    You will definately see a result after 30 days!!! I did when I did it last year!! I have just started it up again and hope to get through the program this time. Good Luck and Keep Bringin It!!!

thanks I WILL BRING IT HARD!!
  • dirtydserieswoot
    Options

good luck its def one of the hardest workouts i have ever done
  • dirtydserieswoot
    Options
    I can see the difference already! Wow! I think I have to go buy those...

Thanks If you do buy them i wish you the most luck my wife is doing it also , but she does not want to post any pictures..im sure when she gets finished with the 90 days she will be posting them up shell be so excited!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Oh good for you! :drinker: Even better that you put it in a public posting. I think that is an excellent modivator, because then everyone else can see your progress and it encourages you and them. :flowerforyou: I just got my husband to start P90X and I'm really excited for him to get all sexified. :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    In addition to "bringing it" to the workouts, use the nutrition guidelines for P90X. You will find that a good, clean diet will work wonders for you. Every bit as important as the workouts. Just don't get too fixed on the scale. You WILL put on a decent amount of muscle weight and you will lose a lot of fat. Rely on the mirror, not so much the scale!
  • dirtydserieswoot
    Options
    thanks for the comments
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    Keep up the hard work. You will definately see results from your 30 day pics. I agree, don't just use the scale to monitor progress. I went and bought some skin calipers to track progress. I have reached my ideal weight but I am still trying to lose a little fat and add a little muscle while staying at 190 lbs (6' 2").
  • dirtydserieswoot
    Options
    this is what I ate today.. is this too little is my body going to go into starvation mode, or is this a safe way to loose my goal weight ?(20lbs) to get to my correct BMI

I'm trying to follow the p90x phase 1 fat shredder plan 50% protien 30%carbs 20%fat its hard to get the protein without the carbs.. , but its hard to find good things to eat when I'm at work at the Fire station.. any tips or am I doing ok?

are there any supplements out there that have a ton of protein , with no or few carbs?
    1213.jpg
  • dirtydserieswoot
    Options
    why is my img code not working for the picture
  • fjtcjt
    Options
    I use the Body Fortress Whey Protein from Walmart. It is very high in protein 26 grams per scoop and very low in carbs like 2 grams per scoop. I do add it to milk which adds some carbs and it makes it taste like chocolate milk. It also contains a little creatine which helps during and after the workouts. It is pretty good quality protein for the price (around $13). I couldn't see how many calories you are consuming, but if it is around 2000 it is probably right.
  • fjtcjt
    Options
    To lose around 2 lbs per week, you need to have around 7000 calorie deficit each week or about 1000 per day. So in general if you burn 3000 calories per day, you need to consume around 2000 calories per day. There are formulas to calculate how many calories you burn but they are just estimates, so you will have to use your judgement to make sure you are getting enough calories so your body is only losing fat and not muscle. This is also why it is important to get enough protein.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Options
    1213.jpg

That should do it. You just have to make the [IMG]lower case :flowerforyou:[/img]
  • Hannah_Banana
    Options
    I'm so helpful I posted twice. :blushing:

:bigsmile:
  • dirtydserieswoot
    Options
    thanks alot :) lol i thought i was crazy when it wouldnt work!