2 months in

Options
conor937
conor937 Posts: 40 Member
I started my fitness journey (yet again lol) about 2 months ago and I've been pleasantly surprised at the progress I've made so far.

I had a little bit of a chocolate problem and found it very difficult to go a day without several chocolate bars and didn't do any regular exercise.

But I knocked the chocolate in the head (ive had it 3 times in the last 2 months and even at that they were reasonable portions rather than several bars) and joined the gym.

At first I couldn't run more than 2 mins at 7 km/h on the treadmill now im up to 20 mins at 8 km/h. I couldn't do 1 set of 10 reps on the chest incline machine at 10kgs now i can easily do 3 reps of 10 at 20kgs. Ive improved strength all over my body.

I've gone down from an XL clothes size to a L already and i can see my shape changing. I've lost fat all over my body, my face has lost its puffy look and I can see cheekbones again. My chest and back are the most noticeable to me. Theres a little bulge in my triceps now - probably not at all noticeable to anyone else but I can see its there.

So pleased and proud of my progress so far I just had to share.

Replies

• dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    That's great keep up the good work!
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Love to hear this! I am just starting again for the umpteenth time and I really feel more motivated and like I'm going to do it this time so it's great to hear from someone who was in the same boat. 2 months in and XL to L - great feeling. Decreasing the chocolate so much - great job!
  • GeorgiaM2015
    GeorgiaM2015 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :)
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    WTG! :)
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress-congrats!!
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Your fitness progress is awesome! Keep it up and you surely will reach your goals :)
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome! How are you managing to stick to it so well?!?
  • conor937
    Options
    I try to buy all my groceries in one weekly shop and avoid shops during the week so im not tempted to impulse buy unhealthy treats.

I have occasionally exceeded my calorie goal but it usually evens out within a day or two so i try not to worry about it too much if it happens.

I did have a plunge in motivation 2 weeks ago and skipped the gym a few times but just gritted me teeth and forced myself back last week and thankfully it hadnt set me back by much.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    That is so cool! How often do you usually go to the gym? It is especially impressive that you have been able to kick a chocolate addiction. Do you do something to help when you have craving for it?
  • conor937
    Options
    Ive tried going to the gym every other day but usually come in at 3 times a week.

Ive been taking a chocolate flavoured protein shake after workouts which feels like a treat and if im really craving something sweet ive taken a drink of coke zero.
  • saminabilal
    saminabilal Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Chocolate is my weakness too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!