1200 calories per day

accn1
accn1 Posts: 67 Member
Hello! :smiley:
Anyone can help me with low calories recipes?
I really want to consume only 1200 calories per day! If you know some vegetarian recipes it's a plus! :smile:

Thank you so much :smiley:

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    I eat almost a vegetarian/vegan lifestyle (I'm pescatarian because I eat tuna a few times a month). I eat on average of 1250 calories a day.

My favorites are:

Chicken boca burgers (veggie burger) on Sandwich thin, lettuce, tomato, onions & laughing cow cheese (300-400 cal depending on what you put on it)
    Spicy Chicken boca Salad - grilled spicy chicken boca cut up on top of salad mix w/bolthouse dressing (300-500 cal depending on what you put in your salad i.e croutons avocado etc)
    Pizza - Flat Out pizza crust, artichoke harts, onions cheese (300 cal)
    Eggs w/bagel thins
    Gardin products - Veggie meats

hope this helps!
  • accn1
    I eat almost a vegetarian/vegan lifestyle (I'm pescatarian because I eat tuna a few times a month). I eat on average of 1250 calories a day.

My favorites are:

Chicken boca burgers (veggie burger) on Sandwich thin, lettuce, tomato, onions & laughing cow cheese (300-400 cal depending on what you put on it)
    Spicy Chicken boca Salad - grilled spicy chicken boca cut up on top of salad mix w/bolthouse dressing (300-500 cal depending on what you put in your salad i.e croutons avocado etc)
    Pizza - Flat Out pizza crust, artichoke harts, onions cheese (300 cal)
    Eggs w/bagel thins
    Gardin products - Veggie meats

hope this helps!

Thank you so much! I'm not vegetarian, but I really want to become one, so I will surely try this ones :)

Btw how many meals do you have per day? Do you have snacks?
  • leanjogreen18
    I usually eat most days 11am brunch and 5pm dinner with no snacks after 5pm. It seems to help me not snack later at night plus I don't like going to bed on a full stomach.

Most of the time 2 meals and 1 snack but occasionally I'll have 3 meals.

I'm super flexible and I even cycle my calories, one day I eat 1000 calories so one day I can eat 1500 (my eventual maintenance). But my average daily is 1250.
  • accn1
    I usually eat most days 11am brunch and 5pm dinner with no snacks after 5pm. It seems to help me not snack later at night plus I don't like going to bed on a full stomach.

Most of the time 2 meals and 1 snack but occasionally I'll have 3 meals.

I'm super flexible and I even cycle my calories, one day I eat 1000 calories so one day I can eat 1500 (my eventual maintenance). But my average daily is 1250.

wow just 2 meals? :o I like to eat around 5 xD
    so maybe your recipes have more calories than I can eat in a meal :p anyway thay you :)
  • leanjogreen18
    oh yeah no I couldn't eat 5 meals a day:). My meals are anywhere from 300-500 calories per meal depending on if I do 2 or 3 meals and that leaves room for 1 or 2 snacks.

As advised above Pinterest and reddit has 1200 calorie ideas.
  • accn1
    @TeaBea @cwolfman13 @leanjogreen18 @Kapoten @HappyVeganKitty Thank you so much for your help! :smiley: I'm trying all the recipes and websites for sure ! :smile:
  • EauRouge1
    EauRouge1 Posts: 265 Member
    I'm on 1300 a day and meat/dairy free. My favourite meals are spaghetti bolognese made with Quorn mince and with courgetti instead of spaghetti; Quorn chilli with lettuce leaves instead of taco shells; any kind of veg curry with no rice; chickpea tagine; veggie sausage casserole... those are my favourites but I'm always trying out new things too. My diary is open if you want to add me :)

Basically if you load up on vegetables then you won't get too hungry. Not sure if you're bothered about macros but I eat egg whites to keep my protein levels up, they have way fewer calories than whole eggs. There are a lot of different ways you can cook them.
  • accn1
    @EauRouge1 Nice thank you! :D
    Yeah I realized that the meat we buy at the market it's really bad for us, and of course have a lot of calories. I wanted to eat more vegetables, just didn't know any recipes x) I will check your diary than :)
  • accn1
    @racheladkins2002 sounds delicious! have to try it :)
  • much2muse
    much2muse Posts: 9 Member
    edited December 2016
    I have been eating:
    1 cup Rice crispies with 1/2 cup one percent milk, coffee with 1/2 cup milk and 2-3 tbsp creamer 300 cals for all of that
    English muffin with egg, veggie cheese, veggie sausage patty, and mustard 300 cals
    I eat mashed potatoes and chicken n noodles
    Veggie burger on bread with ketchup, mustard, and veggie cheese
    Buckeyes with dark chocolate - 100 cals
    Baked potato with 1 tbsp olive oil, butter, and sour cream
    Toast with 2 tbsp hazelnut spread or peanut butter banana spread - 350 cals
    Popcorn with seasoning flavors is low cal snack
    Cucumbers and vinegar is low cal snack

And doing sugar free jello soon.
    My groceries were skimpy this month
  • UltraTacks
    UltraTacks Posts: 230 Member
    1200 calories? That's insane......
  • accn1
    @much2muse thank yoou! That meals sounds delicious! And only 300 calories heheh :))

@UltraTacks it's necessary so I can loose 1kg per week :) actually yesterday I acomplish to eat only 1000 calories, and I felt full because it was vegetarian food
  • accn1
    @SuperNerd42 only 115 calories?! Have to try that today!
  • mari5466
    mari5466 Posts: 137 Member
    I make a lot of stuff from skinnytaste.com
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    mari5466 wrote: »
    I make a lot of stuff from skinnytaste.com

+1. She has lots of vegetarian recipes.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    I love skinnytaste.com too, or simply make up my own recipe changes from the millions out there on the internet already. I'm not really sure what 1200 has to do with that though. I know, it's a trigger topic ;). But the recipes are so easy to find.
  • deralyngale
    deralyngale Posts: 22 Member
    Hello everyone!
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    UltraTacks wrote: »

There are loads of people who manage quite well on 1200 cals per day. Yes, it is low, but that's what small females often get on MFP. It works fine and there are lots of strategies. For example, just eat the same thing as a bigger person, but half the calories. Most of us also rely on daily workouts to give us a little extra cushion.
  • AnarchistKitchen
    AnarchistKitchen Posts: 139 Member
    Here is a "Vegan - What I Eat In A Day" post that is 1300 calories and 65 grams protein. If you leave out 1 TB of oil then it will fit your calorie needs.
    https://richbitchcooking.wordpress.com/2016/12/07/vegan-what-i-eat-in-a-day-65-grams-protein-1/
    5esmnh4uxv8d.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    accn1 wrote: »
    @much2muse thank yoou! That meals sounds delicious! And only 300 calories heheh :))

@UltraTacks it's necessary so I can loose 1kg per week :) actually yesterday I acomplish to eat only 1000 calories, and I felt full because it was vegetarian food

How much weight are you trying to lose total? 1kg per week may be too aggressive of a goal, and 1200 cals/day should be the minimum you aim to consume, including if you exercise you should be eating some of those calories back.

You mentioned in another comment that meat at the store is bad for you and high in calories. Why do you think it is bad for you? There are plenty of lean cuts of meat with relatively low cals per gram. Are you getting adequate protein if you plan to no longer eat meat?

I concur with the skinnytaste site for recipe ideas but I ate 1500-1800 cals while losing and am now maintaining that loss eating >2000 cals.

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    EauRouge1 wrote: »

If you're small and you want to lose 1.5-2lb a week then that's what MFP tells you. I'm 5'4" and 144lb, I increased mine to 1300 a day because I found 1200 just a bit too miserable.

If you are small you shouldn't aim to lose that much per week.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    EauRouge1 wrote: »

If you're small and you want to lose 1.5-2lb a week then that's what MFP tells you. I'm 5'4" and 144lb, I increased mine to 1300 a day because I found 1200 just a bit too miserable.

If you are small you shouldn't aim to lose that much per week.

^this.