NCV (non-cigarette victory)

Options
pacmanjack
pacmanjack Posts: 866 Member
Today is the one-year anniversary of my last cigarette. I had originally quit in 1985, while I was in the Navy, but started again in '08 when I was going through a painful divorce. I was up to about a pack of Marlboro Reds per day when I quit, cold-turkey last July 15.

Combined that with the relatively new (2.5 months) commitment to getting fit, I'd say it's a good day to feel optimistic.

Replies

• Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    happy anniversary!!!!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! =) i quit 74 days ago and it's fantastic!
  • scante60
    scante60 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the anniversary! I'm only a month in to having quit - can't wait to make it a year!
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary!!!
    Today is actually mine too. I quit Dec 15 2010, 7 long months ago for me... Feels like its been a lifetime!
    No turning back, healthy lifestyle all the way!

Congrats on your journey!!
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Today is exactly 6 months for me! Hurray for quitting!
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! Congrats on improving your lifestyle and lengthening your life span
  • Kathy_Noring
    Kathy_Noring Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • JenCat162
    JenCat162 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That's Great! Congratulations! My one year anniversary is in two days :) I understand how hard it is and how good it feels to make it this far!!
  • littlemisskitty24
    Options
    way to go that is amazing. I can't wait to get to my year anniversary I am on day 193.
  • johnhowson
    johnhowson Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good work - getting fit will really help you get onto a totally new track, you will really start to realize how much you were missing as a smoker. My sixth anniversary of no smoking.
  • jayb123x
    jayb123x Posts: 138
    Options
    July 4 was my 2 year anniversary of quitting. Now taking off the weight I've gained since then :smile:
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    congrats !!!! 2+ years here and i was a die hard 2+pack day for 30 years... started when i was ten BAD i know... so flippen happy i quit now i am a really BAD NON smoker,... hubby still smokes... not around me though but he smells... ugh... dirty ashtray... guess whos idea it was to quit... yep hubby.... he said due to stress... well guess what stress will always be there regardless if you smoke or not... living proof it can be done XOXOXO congrats again

lori
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Congrats OP - I hope to making a similar thread in May 2012!!!

Thus far I am 2 months in and I do not miss it at all, in fact only this thread reminded that I used to smoke LOL

I also did it without the dreaded '10lb giving up' gain!
  • piezoeyjune
    piezoeyjune Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Today is the one-year anniversary of my last cigarette. I had originally quit in 1985, while I was in the Navy, but started again in '08 when I was going through a painful divorce. I was up to about a pack of Marlboro Reds per day when I quit, cold-turkey last July 15.

Combined that with the relatively new (2.5 months) commitment to getting fit, I'd say it's a good day to feel optimistic.

Congratulations! That is definitely an achievement that will extend your life by many years.... Good job Jack.
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your year and your 2.5 months!
  • Steph5308
    Steph5308 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! It will be 19 months for me this month.
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    totally awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    the rewards are great from giving up this habit!!!!! Good for you!
  • JayandBrensMommy
    JayandBrensMommy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Good Job!!! I quit a year and 4 months ago. It feels great. No turning back!!!
  • supernerdywife
    supernerdywife Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! Congrats!
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Horay!!!! Congratulations! I know the feeling...I went through it both. Im 7 months smoke free.....and Healthy! Proud of you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!