Europe

Icandoit233
Icandoit233 Posts: 90 Member
edited December 2016 in Chit-Chat
I was wondering if anyone know a great tour company to go to Europe? Thanks :)

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    I've never been. My coworker and her step mom use grand circle travel. They like it.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    I wanna go to Europe .. sounds like *kitten* heaven
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Don't tour! Just rent a car and drive. It's cheaper and more fun...
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Don't tour! Just rent a car and drive. It's cheaper and more fun...
    Yeah. I went on a tour this year with EF Tours (sibling was invited for free. I loved the countries we went to and a lot of what we saw, but everything went by wayyyyy too quickly and the food left a lot to be desired.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Depends.. where do you wanna go in Europe... wanna travel around Scandinavia? Tour Spain, France and Portugal? Go over to Britain?
    I work in tourism in Europe.. feel free to ask questions.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    yeah I would completely avoid the tour idea and just spend a few days/weeks depending on the time you have in the areas you like. a tour of Europe (if that's what you intend) is like touring the whole of the US
  • memickee
    memickee Posts: 250 Member
    I have been living in Germany for almost 4 years and plan tons of solo travel.

Tour company costs are outrageous! Plan your own. Check skyscanner.com for cheap tickets to Europe. If you want to see several places in Europe you can easily fly from city to city cheaply using RyanAir, WizzAir etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_low-cost_airlines.

Don't be afraid to visit countries where English is not their first language. Many Europeans know enough to communicate with you.

I also recommend Trip Advisor to find hotels, restaurants and things to do.

• Icandoit233
    I looked at tour pricing it seems pretty cheap usually around 1400 to 2000$. I think going without a group would be scary due to a language barrier
  • Icandoit233
    km8907 wrote: »
    I've never been. My coworker and her step mom use grand circle travel. They like it.

Thank you!
  • Icandoit233
    HeyaBerg wrote: »
    Depends.. where do you wanna go in Europe... wanna travel around Scandinavia? Tour Spain, France and Portugal? Go over to Britain?
    I work in tourism in Europe.. feel free to ask questions.

I would like to visit Spain and Portugal
  • Icandoit233
    newmeadow wrote: »
    When I worked in upper echelon hospitality, we'd host Tauck tours. They catered to an older, monied crowd. I don't know if that's your demographic, but it's a favorably reviewed way to travel.

Everyone I know who's traveled Europe loved the river cruises as the most comfortable, low stress way of Euro travel. Again, it's pricey but I've never heard a bad review from anyone who cruised Europe this way.

Here's a link for Tauck European river cruises.

http://www.tauck.com/river-cruises/european-river-cruises.aspx

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm in my twenties lol
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Buy a Euro Rail pass in the states, (mailed to you) before you go.
    You can not get the same deal once you arrive in Europe.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I really wouldn't worry about the language barrier too much, I mean, English is taught everywhere in school in Europe, so you'll pretty much always find someone who speaks English (especially in hotels, restaurants, shops etc).