Starting again.

Options
Hi. I've started my weight loss journey almost a year ago. I was weighting 104 kg at 181 cm. I eventually reached my goal earlier this year and hit my lowest weight of 85 kgs around August 2016. Since then, I've found that it was pretty easy to maintain my weight at 86-87 kg and was more flexible on my eating habits.

However, it got harder recently...and I've been eating a lot more. So i've decided to start tracking my calories again everyday and get back to losing weight! I'm also starting to think that I should hit the gym soon. Most like around mid-January.

I would love to have new MFP friends!

Replies

• myselv1
    myselv1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello sha-man
  • myselv1
    myselv1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You really did great on reaching ur goal within 1 year losing a lot of weight, You are really strong person. i also want to lose weight and started doing some workouts, bought apps like the result, freeletics compiend with clean eating and and...actually i became sporty and started defining my body but after few weeks of doing all these good things i suddenly lose the motivation and get back to my bad habits and i even eat more than before...and now i am afraid to gain weight and i dont know how to hold on...
  • smurfette54
    smurfette54 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sha_man029 We are kind of in the same boat. I have lost weight and have mainly kept it off for a long time. Recently I had gained some back, and am here tracking my food. It has been working out well, but love to have new buddies on occasion to keep me motivated. I added you as a friend. :)
  • WW1984
    WW1984 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi Sha_man029. Weight loss has become my obsession. It started with changing my mindset. My motto about food now is "EAT TO LIVE, NOT LIVE TO EAT". I'm 46 years old at 4'11" and my weight loss journey is as follows:

SW 145.6 lbs on 9/17/2016
    CW 128.4 lbs as of 12/4/2016
    UW 105 lbs by 2/20/2017 but will settle for 112 lbs by that date and will continue to work towards my UW goal.

MY STRUGGLE IS REAL!!! But since changing my mindset, MFP has become an obsession for me when tracking my meals and macros. Although I meet, exceed or don't meet some of my macros; I'm still losing an average of 1 to 1.5 lbs a week. Consequently, my weight loss has been slow and steady which is the best way. Replacing coffee to include cream and sugar with oolong and green tea (+ 1 tbs honey & lemon juice) has helped a lot as well as following this simple and most effective rule: 80% Clean Diet + 20% Moderate Exercise = WEIGHT LOSS!

Last, I've learned that there are no shortcuts! Creating a calorie deficit (through moderate calorie restriction and increase in physical activity) is the only way to lose weight. Any plan that does not require sacrifice is unrealistic and leads to failure!

Since the beginning of my LIFESTYLE CHANGE, I've gone from a size 9 to a size 6. My ULTIMATE goal is to get back into a size 2.

WE CAN AND WILL SUCCEED! :)<3