New here

Options
Hi, I'm fat. I used to be in control but now use food as a crutch. I deal with my rolls through sarcasm and self-deprecating humor. I seriously want to change but currently have the motivation of a sloth.

Replies

• hooligan41
    hooligan41 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm fat too my motivation sux too but I've worked out before and know it works and I didn't feel the need to eat for comfort reasons life got in the way of all that and now i, starting all over again but the fact that I know it works is my motivation
  • davisvanessa2017
    Options
    Over the summer I met my 17% goal. Now, saying no to sweets, especially when I feel stressed, in pain is something I give up on. Exercising, I have continued to do. I feel better.
  • LalaHouston
    LalaHouston Posts: 9 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Im fat too! Mom of 7! Just stay focused! Try this, eat super healthy for ONE day, do a workout, whatever you can do, log everything you do in this app for that day and click the complete diary at the bottom of your diary page and it will tell you what you will weigh in 5 weeks IF you continue. Most encouraging! It's why I'm on an 18 day logging streak and why I'm doing so well. Well my faith of course and for sure and then that. Lol Praying for you both right now!
  • Elle_phant
    Elle_phant Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I feel that. I am fat...for the second time. I can't stop myself from eating when. I feel any emotion. I eat when I'm sad, lonely, bored, angry, happy, and every other emotion under the sun. Add me if you'd like. I'm trying to use others as motivation as well. Hopefully to finish the weightloss part of my life.
  • canadia3
    canadia3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Love The honesty in this group. I'm also fat. Less fat than I was but nowhere near my go. I've been slowly gaining back for a while I need to get back in shape.
  • canadia3
    canadia3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing towards their goals? Today was a good day for me. I actually checked all of my food and came in under my goal.
  • WW1984
    WW1984 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    According to the Body Mass Index (BMI), I was considered OBESE. As a result, I became obsessed with losing weight which led to a LIFESTYLE CHANGE! And there's nothing wrong with obsession as long as it doesn't become harmful.

My obsession started with CHANGING MY MINDSET. My motto about food now is "EAT TO LIVE, NOT LIVE TO EAT". I'm 46 years old at 4'11" and my weight loss journey is as follows:

SW 145.6 lbs on 9/17/2016 (BMI = Obese)
    CW 128.4 lbs as of 12/4/2016 (BMI = Overweight)
    UW 105 lbs by 2/20/2017 (BMI = Desirable Weight). But I will settle for 112 lbs (BMI = Desirable Weight) by that date and will continue to work towards my UW goal.

MY STRUGGLE IS REAL!!! But since changing my mindset, MFP has become an obsession for me when tracking my meals and macros. Although I meet, exceed or don't meet some of my macros; I'm still losing an average of 1 to 1.5 lbs a week. Consequently, my weight loss has been slow and steady which is the best way. Replacing coffee to include cream and sugar with oolong and green tea (+ 1 tbs honey & lemon juice) has helped a lot as well as following this simple and most effective rule: 80% Clean Diet + 20% Moderate Exercise = WEIGHT LOSS!

Last, I've learned that there are no shortcuts! Creating a calorie deficit (through moderate calorie restriction and increase in physical activity) is the only way to lose weight. Any plan that does not require sacrifice is unrealistic and leads to failure! So one way to do this is to "eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dine like a pauper".

Since the beginning of my LIFESTYLE CHANGE, I've gone from a size 9 to a size 6. My ULTIMATE goal is to get back into a size 2.

YOU CAN AND WILL SUCCEED! :)<3