Witching hours

Options
My witching hours are after lunch, before dinner. I have yet to find a satisfying snack that keeps the beast! Dinner is devoured and always to my palates delight. Undoing.Help.

Replies

• U2Bad1
    U2Bad1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Mid afternoon and on.
  • Santeham
    Santeham Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This may seem a little odd, but I've had success in the past with boiled eggs. I used to boil a couple in the morning and keep them in the fridge. If I got the munchies later in the day I could take one out, peal it and eat it. they are oddly filling and only 65-85 calories (depending on the size). They are also considered a 'super food' due to all the vitamins and good they do for the body.

Hope that helps.
  • Lyndalouwho
    Lyndalouwho Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had this realization this morning after shaming myself. I love eggs. I'll have my shake in the morning, lunch, and eggs in the late afternoon. Maybe now I'll figure out the trick to getting them peel nicely! Thank you!
  • Santeham
    Santeham Posts: 36 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Wait until they're cold, then tap them once on a hard surface so that the shell cracks then roll it with the palm of your hand. That's my method. The shell should peel off really easily.

And your welcome :)
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Eggs are good but really anything high protein keeps me full such as a cheese stick or a small handful of nuts. Also try something low calorie but high fiber such as a nice big crunchy apple, some grapes, an orange, carrot sticks or some other low calorie vegetable to munch on. I have also drank hot tea or coffee- especially as the weather gets colder it helps to keep me feeling full and satisfied and I don't get a craving for something sweet.
  • RachaelRenk
    RachaelRenk Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Re: peeling boiled eggs: Definitely let eggs cool and sit in your refrigerator for a few hours (preferably overnight). Also, from what I've read and also my own personal experience, the older the egg = the easier it peels. This works out well for me because I often end up boiling a passel of eggs when I've had the carton for awhile and I know I won't be using them for something else in the near future.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Santeham wrote: »
    Wait until they're cold, then tap them once on a hard surface so that the shell cracks then roll it with the palm of your hand. That's my method. The shell should peel off really easily.

And your welcome :)

this is only true if you let them cool to room temperature before putting them in the fridge.

If you put them straight in the fridge after boiling forget getting that peel off with out having to hack into that egg!!!!