30 Day Shred Level 2

Options
amyhoss
amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
I started level 2 of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred yesterday. Yikes!! I didn't expect it to be that much harder than level 1. Stupid plank jacks! Anyone else start level 2? How was it for you and does it get easier?

Replies

• Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it right now.. I switch between that and Jillian's other DVDs. It does get easier. The first couple of times I did it, I was doing the beginner moves most of the time. I just did it today (I've been on and off with the DVD for months) and I still can't hold the plank for the whole time, but I'm a lot better than I was. Just keep up with it and it will get easier. I think I have to cut it from my workouts now though because I don't burn nearly as much as I used to.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    You'll be doing plank jacks like a pro in no time if you push through it! I finished her new dvd Ripped in 30 recently...on one of the levels she does two solid minutes of cardio in the plank position. That dvd is a beast. I moved on to it after finishing the shred (which was really hard for me when I started). Good Luck!!!
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I really like the plank jacks - they're my favourite on L2! I was on L2D9, but I bought new heavier weights so I dropped to L1 for a few days because L3 seems high on high impact jump moves which aren't always good for my knees and so I though I'd go back to the start again and work my way back to L3. It does get easier, but not much and it's a damned good workout!
  • cha36jennings
    cha36jennings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've just finished the course. I never mastered level one so I gave tweo a try. For me it was so much easier than one!
    After 10 days I went to level three and that is a happy medium between one and two.
    I guess it goes to show that everyone has different abilities when it comes to certain movements.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the DVD :-)
  • nitashagarcia
    Options
    omg i started level 2 yesterday too! i wasnt expecting it to be that much harder either O_O i almost passed out because i have severe asthma and i was trying to push myself! i hope it gets easier...
  • Grace139
    Grace139 Posts: 12
    Options
    Started level 2 two days ago (for about the third time). The plank jacks are killer and so are the chair squats with v raises! I've tried to get through the 30DS a couple of times before and always lose focus. Hoping that third time's the charm!
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I actually think level two is easier. My shins don't hurt as much.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I just finished level two and today I am on day 3 of level 3.

I (personally) think levels 2 and 3 should be reversed (with the exception maybe of the rock stars - those just plain suck no matter what level they get tossed into!) LOL ...

Level 2 does get easier though, so stick with it! You'll be happy you did!
  • lauramorris85
    Options
    Today was my first day on Level 2 and I thought I was gonna have a heart attack! It's ridiculous! Those chair squats with V raises are pretty much impossible for me (I'm using 5 lb weights). My legs hurt so bad after that, I may take a day off to recover! I sure hope everyone is right about it getting easier. sheesh!

That woman is gonna be the death of me, but at least I'll look good =P
  • PeytonSwan
    PeytonSwan Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank God YES I'M NOT ALONE :D

I started Day 1 of Level 2 today.. and just thought that I had completely failed the workout. I drank a glass of water right before the workout ,... and after circuit 1 I was already grabbing my bottle of water again :D
    I thought I was going to break down but I kind of managed my way through.. I felt guilty though the whole day long, because I really failed it.
    But I hope it really does get easier time by time !