21 day Fix

Options
How can I track this for exercise?

Replies

• Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I often count it as "circuit training" and just keep in mind what it really was. I rarely eat back the exercise calories just because I don't totally trust the numbers on it.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    MFP uses general categories because calorie burns are estimates. Pick something like pilates, yoga, strength training, general aerobics, or circuit training. Whatever your DVD is for the day.

Then eat back 50-75% of exercise calories IF you got your daily calorie goal from MFP. My Fitness Pal doesn't assume anyone will exercise, so eating exercise calories back is expected. Keeping your deficit in check can help you minimize lean muscle loss. I strength train to help keep lean muscle, eating too little (regularly) defeats that.
  • DancesWithDogz
    DancesWithDogz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I was also trying to find out how people track 21DF. I try not to ever eat back exercise calories - kind of defeats the purpose of exercising really. When I exercise, I just feel less guilty for having cream in my coffee :-) Circuit training is a good option to use for this I think (and I would only track 20 minutes, as the other 10 is warming up, and cooling down)
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I wear a heart rate monitor and track my exercise that way.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I eat a straight 1500-1600 cals a day instead of figuring the calorie burn to eat back. If you do something similiar set up a new exercise and log it as 1 calorie. If you are logging to figure calorie to eat back then I would suggest circuit training.
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    How can I track this for exercise?

How are you liking 21day fix? I'm on wk 2. I did insanity before but have taken a (long) break. I think this is a good program to ease me back in. Yet I think I need something a little more like Insanity, but not quite as intense.
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm starting that soon.