30DS vs. Insanity

Options
Zelsawaf
Zelsawaf Posts: 111 Member
Which program have people found more rewarding/effective for toning up?

Replies

• AnnaValek
    AnnaValek Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    P90X. No question.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I think they are both quite good and everybody that does them consistently gets results.....Insanity is just what it says INSANE.....that's what I'm doing right now.....30DS is also intense but I think it is more gear toward people who don't have as much time to work out b/c the workouts are only about 24 minutes....Insanity workouts are 38-50 minutes the first month and like an hour the second month.....
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    My recommendation especially because Im in the program is insanity man its 60 days and your going to cut and tone its such a rewarding INTENSE workout let me know if you have any questions man! check out the blog I just posted yesterday I kind of rant and rave about it lol!
  • DeadZip2010
    DeadZip2010 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    none of my friends have ever done the 30 Day Shred, but I do P90X and some of my friends have done or are doing Insanity. you can take a look at my day 1 to 30 pics if you want. but for toning with little to no equipment, then Insanity is the way to go. if you are able to buy or have some weights/ bands and a pullup bar then P90X is a great way to tone and build some muscle.

so if you have the time and money to buy stuff, P90X. no money for gear, then Insanity. just my opinion.
  • PATRICEDESIA
    Options
    I am doing the 30ds and I am loving it!!!!!!!! I haven't tried Insanity Yet but I plan too.
  • sambustem
    sambustem Posts: 83
    Options
    I'm almost done with week 4 of INSANITY and love it.....HOWEVER, I can't say it burns a lot of calories (much to my disbelief!!), but I think I've lost some inches - will do measurements this weekend. It's strictly cardio though, lots of push ups, but you don't gain any real upper body definition, and the lower body is built by your weight and gravity constantly coming down on your legs. I heard month 2 is more of a calorie burner, so we shall see!
  • sambustem
    sambustem Posts: 83
    Options
    My recommendation especially because Im in the program is insanity man its 60 days and your going to cut and tone its such a rewarding INTENSE workout let me know if you have any questions man! check out the blog I just posted yesterday I kind of rant and rave about it lol!

I totally agree with the "rewarding INTENSE" part!! It's very hard, you pant like a dog, but unbelievably addicting!!!! I've never looked forward to working so hard in my life!! :)
  • Zelsawaf
    Zelsawaf Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for all the help guys!