Stress eating/snacking

Options
With the holidays, kids birthdays, and the season of slower work for my husband..I am STRESSED out today. Its the sixth day of my most recent nutritional changes, and those few changes came with unexpected ones too..more energy, desire to clean my home more, moving my body more, more water intake, etc.... My issue is I am an emotionally charged binge eater. So this first bout of discomfort has me wanting to hide out in my kitchen just binging on whatever trash I can find. How do you guys deal with this? I should also mention that my first grocery trip was planned for Friday (payday), and now it's looking like I won't be able to afford as much from the grocery store as I intended for my family of 5, and will be visiting food banks in the area.. when you're surrounded with food you don't eat unexpectedly, how do you handle that? This feeling isn't a new one in my many attempts at taking control of my nutrition, it's scarily familiar and is what makes me revert to old ways every. Single. Time. Advice?

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I know in the middle of a binge it's near impossible to count calories. What I do, when I really want to binge but haven't started, is look at the food I want to eat and check the calories. Often that calorie shocker is enough to have me not eat it at all. But if I do, I record it. Those are a couple of strategies. Ocassionally I just blow it. I start logging calories the next day. One day in a month or two won't ruin things.
  • allisonfarrier4940
    Options
    Thank you:) I made it through the night without the binge! Turns out using this whole forum thing does wonders! Thank you for the advice!! I'll definitely be using it!
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I supplement my fresh food with some frozen veg to kee in freezer as its more cost effective. I also keep minimum junk food in house to reduce binge but also promote healthier eating habits in household.
    Things like frozen peas, spinach, carrots etc can help bulk up one pot wonders plus u dont throw away unused veg.
    Plus buying cheaper cuts of meat to slow cook in stock , onions garlic n veg goes further for the fam and cheaper.
    U can cook big batch rice chuck in frozen veg then toss it all on fry pan for a fried feel, season with dried herbs, couple of eggs for fried rice (i used olive oil spray less cals) then u have a big rice veg side for the fam to out with your meat.
  • allisonfarrier4940
    Options
    Thank you NeanBean! Super helpful:)