FT4 Battery Replacement

Hey everyone - I've been using my Polar FT4 for a while and the battery finally gave out. I took it to the local repair store and they mentioned they need to ship it off and get it replaced by a Polar Service Centre..It would cost $40 to do so - this is about half of what I paid for the watch.

Has anyone successfully replaced the battery on their own? I was looking at just purchasing the battery from Polar which is $11.40...

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited December 2016
    Hey everyone - I've been using my Polar FT4 for a while and the battery finally gave out. I took it to the local repair store and they mentioned they need to ship it off and get it replaced by a Polar Service Centre..It would cost $40 to do so - this is about half of what I paid for the watch.

Has anyone successfully replaced the battery on their own? I was looking at just purchasing the battery from Polar which is $11.40...

I got a battery from the local drugstore (Wallgreens) and popped it in myself. Only took a minute and was maybe $4 USD.

ETA: this is the battery needed CR1632 and they're all over the internet for just a couple dollars.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    When I originally had my F11 I shipped it to them a couple times but the cost was never near $40. Last couple times I changed it I just took it to a local watch shop and they replaced it, again no where near $40. If you only paid $80 for the watch I would change it myself, probably a youtube video to help if necessary.
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    awesome! thanks for your help. Good to know that there are other people who have replaced it on their own
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    If you aren't comfortable replacing it on your own, take it to any watch repair store. They'll charge more than just the battery but less than the $40 you were quoted and you'll have it back immediately.