Maintaining a nutritious diet as a college student

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm now reaching towards my finals and it's challenging to spend lots of time in cooking. I would like to know what are your suggestion in meals that I could try, or even food that is beneficial to my studying.

Thanks!

Replies

• thingofstuff
    thingofstuff Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Investing the time into one longer meal-prep session that can be portioned out for the week is really helpful. The cooking can act as a study break, then once it is pre-portioned out, you just have to grab a bowl or a container from the fridge and heat it back up and you are set. Something like a big stir-fry with your favourite things is easy and nutritious (and you can put different sauces on to trick yourself into feeling like it's a different meal), or a mega pot of slow cooker chili. Casserole-ish things are another option.

Honestly, allowing yourself a few Mr. Noodles or Kraft Dinner snack breaks won't kill your progress either if you slip up due to the stress and lack of time/desire to cook if the rest of your day accommodates it. Accepting that this is a temporary state is also really important for self care and mental well being when you don't have the time or energy to exercise.

Snacks: coconut chips, dried apricots, experimental Greek yogurt flavours like raspberry cheesecake or key lime pie, PRUNES!, a scoop of peanut butter and a pack of Thinsations chocolate covered pretzels for dipping, boxes of Mandarin oranges, eat an entire bag of sugar peas in one sitting, carrot sticks --> harmless stuff you can mindlessly shove into your face while studying.

Hope this helps, and good luck!
  • Li6erty
    Li6erty Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Postgrad here. The following may not be popular but: finals grades > meal prepping etc IMO.

Best of luck with your fitness/academic goals!
  • lemonsacre
    lemonsacre Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @thingofstuff Thanks for your suggestions! I wish I could prepare for a week long meal plan, maybe I should invest in more larger boxes once I'm done with finals.