Too scared to lose weight.

Options
I weighed 100kg now I'm 95kg. I'm scared to lose my physique and getting too skinny. What do you guys think?

Replies

• MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I understand, physical changes can be scary. Do you lift weights?
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    Do/be what makes you happy
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I guess what is too skinny is a personal thing but...

Whether you will be too skinny or not depends on your current fat %. If you're already low on fat (sub 13%) then losing a significant amount of weight is going to mean that some of that is likely to be muscle and your likely to look and feel less muscular.

It's worth pointing out that most people tend to under estimate the amount of fat they carry and over estimate the amount of muscle they have.

Unfortunately, getting a decent handle on your %BF is difficult. Bio-impedence scales are basically useless, Dexa scans are expensive, and calipers require a second person who have a lot of experience to get reliable/reproducible results. But, at the end of the day the %BF figure is just a number and the only way you will know whether you're happy at a given weight BF/lean mass composition is to get there.

General advice:
    • Keep the deficit moderate
    • To retain as much muscle as possible during a diet eat adequate protein and perform strength exercises 3-4 times a week minimum.

• Flapjack_Mollases
    Flapjack_Mollases Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    As a 345 lb man (156 kg), reading your question to me is kind of like you asking a homeless person their opinion on which retirement community you should choose. lol. My point being, I would be happy with either of those weights (100-95 kg). But, to each his own. If you aren't happy, then do what makes you happy.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I am a gonna recommend lifting weights.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    It really depends upon how tall you are and if you're doing a weightlifting program.

That is, you can stand to lose a bit of weight, but I don't know how much because I don't know your height or fitness goals.

From 100 kg, I can guess that you won't have loose skin obvious if you reduce weight to a healthy BMI.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Of all the fears I have in life, I can't say losing weight is one of them. Good advice above though.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I weighed 100kg now I'm 95kg. I'm scared to lose my physique and getting too skinny. What do you guys think?

If you are happy with your body as is then stay the way you are. Is 95 kg a healthy weight for you?
    If you think losing more weight would be beneficial then don't do an extreme fast weight loss program. Aim to lose .5-1 lb a week and evaluate as you go. Do more strength training along the way. Maintain when you like.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Lift weights
    Do push ups and other weight bearing exercises.

Lift Heavy
    Run Fast

And most importantly. ...

Eat Clean
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Yah, what @Motorsheen said...