A pound heavier?!

Options
Woke up this morning and I'm a pound heavier than I have been all week. Never went over my calories, in fact, i have been under them quite a few days just because I am struggling to get them all in. Only went over sodium A LOT once.

Is it because I only got 3 hours of sleep last night??

Replies

• vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Could be a combination of things. Keep your eye on it though...
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    when I don't get enough sleep my body hangs on to weight. Once I have a good nights sleep usually weight goes down
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    That's frustrating, I know. I was up 1 pound from a couple of days ago. The only thing I can suggest is to drink more water, and weigh less frequently. There is a lot of fluctuation during the week and those in between weigh-ins can throw you off, if you let them. Good luck this week!
    Blessings,
    Bonnie
    Nashville, Tn.
  • rhonda_does_life
    rhonda_does_life Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Could definitely be. But your weight will fluctuate alot, it all just depends on how much you're exercising. I know I retain a bit of water after a good workout, but everyone's different.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Anywhere near your period? Are you stressed? That sodium overage could definitely do it. Have you lifted recently? All of these will make you retain water. If your eating is in check, you are fine. Do not panic, this too shall pass =)
  • finding_em
    finding_em Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Going over on the sodium can mean you've held onto water, that could explain it. Also, are you weighing yourself multiple times per week? I know fluctuations can happen and are disheartening, so try not to weigh myself that frequently...the overall change is more important and size/figure rather than weight. Good luck :)
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    Darlin you can sh1t a pound!!!!!!! Whats the fuss?
  • therequiiem
    therequiiem Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I went over in sodium at 3,000 mg + a few days ago, my body could be holding on to that?

I havent worked out in just over a week, I've been finishing up this online class which is taking all my time. And making me stay up late!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Maybe your pregnant.

Or aliens did something to you. I saw that on tv one time.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Maybe your pregnant.

1 lb of alien implants!
  • therequiiem
    therequiiem Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Maybe your pregnant.

They should properly introduce themselves before they pull that crap.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I can vary by up to three pounds in one day sometimes. I've measured. When I see a pound or whatever in a day, I don't worry about it, but that's just me. I only worry if it stays that way for a week or whatever.
  • determinedcrystal
    determinedcrystal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    if your exercising involves lifting weights and such you could gain weight....or you have excess water in you that will go away