Help! What is going on?!

Options
I haven't eaten fast food in a month. And when I eat out I don't binge or eat poorly. Some big changes I made are: I eat breakfast every day now (didn't used to eat breakfast), I also eat a salad every day for lunch, and I went from 1 day a week at the gym to 4 times a week. Started at 186 now I'm at 179. So it's getting there. Just wish it was faster. I figured all these big changes would expedite the process a little. I know it takes time and 30lbs aren't just going to fall off but I've got a lot more weight to lose to be where I want. It took me 30 days just to lose those 7lbs so it's kind of annoying. But I'm trying not to let it bother me. I'm just proud it's finally a habit again. Like I go to the gym and make better choices without really thinking about it or finding excuses. I just don't get how everyone around me is losing so fast. Any help?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You didn't put the weight on in a month, and it's not going to come off in a month. Keep on truckin'! You got this!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You lost 7 pounds in a little over 4 weeks. That's fantastic progress! You're losing 1.5 pounds a week. Congrats.
  • zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,711 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Slow down Speedy Gonzales. The max you should lose in a month (4 weeks) is about 8lbs. You've lost 7 so you are doing perfectly. Keep up the good work and remember the tortoise always wins this race. Keep up the good work. If they are losing faster they are doing it wrong and it will come back. You've made some pretty significant life changes so try to stick with them for a couple months and make sure you are logging daily and actually honestly logging. Patience is the key for this to work for you.

People with significant loss here generally have been on the plan for a long period of time (several years in some cases.) It will take time but if you keep at it it will work. You may also be being too aggressive if you only need to lose 30lbs. I'd recommend that you get to a max of 1lb per week loss. Make sure your numbers are tight and give yourself a little grace.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    With 30 lbs to lose, you should expect to lose around 1 lb per week. You are actually losing pretty fast.

Stop comparing yourself to the people around you, it's the best way to make yourself feel like crap :).

You are doing great. And make sure you don't over-restrict your diet. If you like eating a salad for lunch every day then that's awesome, but don't think you have to eat stereotypical "diet" food to lose weight, cause you don't.

Good luck!
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    People lose weight differently, and you won't lose with the same speed towards the end of your goal as you did in the beginning. That's my experience anyway.

7lbs gone in 30 days, I'm echoing everyone else in here. Great job, now keep moving :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If you had started out weighing more you might have been able to lose weight more quickly. Most people don't think that trade-off (less to lose overall vs. losing at a faster rate) is a good deal so they opt not to stop and gain weight in order to lose it quickly.
  • zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    Also keep in mind that weight will vary depending on several factors including time of day, what you've eaten/drunk/etc, health, and so forth. You may see variances while you are losing and may have weeks of "no loss" or slight gain. Keep your goals honest and your logs super honest and you will lose it. Building muscle will make you "gain weight" as your body converts from fat to muscle. Look into the recomposition forums here to get more details as you are truely doing a recomp with the more exercise. Make sure you are eating half of what you burn back every day.
  • lmccarty94
    lmccarty94 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the comments and I'll definitely try and be better at realizing a loss is a loss whether it be big or small.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    lmccarty94 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the comments and I'll definitely try and be better at realizing a loss is a loss whether it be big or small.

You're in a lot of good company by the way. I'm pretty impatient too lol.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,357 Member
    Options
    i loose less than 7 lbs in a month. you're doing well