Favorite quick and healthy meals for work

Options
I'm just starting my weight loss journey. I work at job where my lunch break could be at 2pm or up until 5 pm, needing a good meal/snack ideas to either hold me over until lunch or something quick and easy to meal prep. I'm a bit picky when is comes to food, especially veggies, not a fan of zucchini and I know there's a lot of meal prep recipes that includes zucchini. I'd like to try and eat as many Whole Foods as possible. helllllp!

Replies

• LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been making batches of spiced lentil, kale, and sweet potato wheat pockets. One batch makes 6 pockets and it only takes about 30 minutes if you don't make your own dough. You can also make a double batch and freeze them.
    http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-spiced-lentil-sweet-potato-and-kale-whole-wheat-pockets-181100

Quesadillas are also a pretty good choice, if you're strapped for time. I like the oven-baked ones since they're easy and quick. I don't have the websites, but message me and I can send you good recipes for beef or chicken ones.

Stew and soup are also good choices for meal prep and easy to customize. If you have a slow cooker, especially.

Other than that, the usual suspects: Apple slices, string cheese, protein bar/drink, popcorn, bananas. I'm also a huge fan of cucumber slices.

Good luck!
  • cpalumbo89
    cpalumbo89 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Something to snack on prior to your lunch? I wouldn't prep a meal. Maybe a protein bar or shake? I love prepackaged food, like hummus snack packs or prepeeled hard boiled eggs.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    9x10 I'm having leftovers from either the night before or the night before that. My wife and I usually double down on whatever we're making for dinner in order that we have leftovers. Otherwise, I usually have a sandwich.