Losing weight and becoming healthy

Options
Hi, I'm Cassie. I'm 24 years old and overweight. I'm currently 262 lbs and trying to gain some motivation from the my fitness pal family. I'm new to this so I need some help. :)

Replies

• Lady_lavender_
    Lady_lavender_ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Jolene. I am looking for a fitness friend to start my journey. We should work together! :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    Losing weight alone will reduce your risk factors for health issues. Don't make it complicated. Eat less than you burn and you'll lose weight.
    Don't do diet programs that you CANNOT sustain for a long time or after you've gotten to goal. You'll regain weight once you go off that program and resume eating the way you're used to.
    My philosophy with clients is to EAT less of what you like to eat and be mindful of your total calories in a day. Be consistent with that and you'll lose weight and not fight about what you can and cannot have.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Here's the best read on this entire forum to get you started on the right foot: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My only advice to you, is to never give up. This is my 3rd time back to MFP and I'm sure it's not my last. Each time has worked as long as I have the desire and want. If this time works for you, then you're better than most, but if it doesn't, don't go away. Reassess why you got her in the first place. Good luck on your journey.
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making this decision. You can do it. Just believe in yourself. This is a long road of ups and downs. Take pictures to measure your progress. Don't just rely on the scale alone to measure your success. Just remember to tune out all of the crazy weight loss nonsense that comes your way. Calories in (consume less) versus calories out is the key = a caloric deficit. How you achieve this is up to you. best of luck!!