Did anyone try Bodyweight Burn?

Hello there,

did anyone try Bodyweight Burn? I was looking for a diet where I would not have to go to the gym and I could train from home because of my job, and a friend of mine told me to try Bodyweight Burn...
Any thoughts?
http://dietrev.com/bodyweight-burn-review

Replies

• lisaberger1
    lisaberger1 Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    what chiefirg said, I lost weight in 2003 after I broke my leg and could not exercise. I just ate less. but gained it all back once I was able to be more mobile and ate more than I burned so lol but yeah exercise is not needed. its just good for your health.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    You don't have to go to a gym or exercise to lose weight. You only have to eat in a deficit(less calories then your body burns).

A good resistance program is helpful to retain as much muscle as possible as you lose weight though.

Also some people chose to exercise just so they can eat a little more while retaining their caloric deficit.

Yep, this.

And mfp is free. They're making you pay for HIIT, basically....Exercise does not 'melt fat'. It does burn calories, though, which can help with the calorie deficit.
  • DietVanillaCoke
    DietVanillaCoke Posts: 259 Member
    I couldn't work out much when i started losing weight due to knee problems, so i reduced calories until i got down 20lbs to the weight my GP said was safe enough to start working out.

I lost a further 60lbs at home lifting cans, I then moved onto bottles of water, then bags of sand. Could lift 50kg bag of soil over my head by the end of it =)

Youtube also has a bunch of free work out videos =D
  • lisaberger1
    Good info, thanks guys!
  • skinnylove46
    skinnylove46 Posts: 1 Member
    So did u try this bodyweight burn diet by now? I would like to try this program too!
  • lisaberger1
    I'm planning to try it out...
  • libbylooper
    libbylooper Posts: 12 Member
    Hey there, Lisa! Maybe I can help you out. I have some experience personal fitness training, and I'm starting on week 4 of BW3 this Monday.

I have to say BW3 is definitely working for me. The most appealing thing is that you don't need very much equipment, and the exercises/intensity can be easily modified according to your fitness level. There are follow-along videos for every workout so that you can keep track of interval times and know exactly what you're supposed to be doing. The workouts are different enough to keep it interesting, but not so complicated that you can't learn the routine.

Ultimately, I am losing body fat and gaining muscle. I took the body measurements before starting, and again on the third week. I highly recommend that you do this as well. It keeps track of your progress and shows whether or not the program is actually working for you. I am also keeping track of my body fat percentage using the Navy's Standard body fat algorithm, at my own discretion. In three weeks, all of my numbers have gone down! I have lost 1.2% body fat, 1 1/4 inch on my waist, and 3/4 inch on my hips. And I am getting stronger. Winning!!

As with all pre-made fitness programs, I felt that some customization was in order. Some of the exercises are strange, I will admit, and I do not like using bands for resistance training, regardless of convenience factor. On top of that, some exercises were not focusing on the right muscle groups for its respective workout block. I switched them out to perform more traditional exercises with free-weights, which worked better for me.

Hopefully this "review" of sorts will help with your decision if you hadn't made one yet. Good luck with your training, and if you want to talk more, feel free to PM me :smile: