Vegetarian meal plans?

Options
I have been a vegetarian for 2years now and since I'm starting to loose weight i wanted to find a good vegetarian-friendly diet plan but i cant seem to find any good ones. Does anyone have a vegetarian diet plan they recommend?

Replies

• jasmineruth
    jasmineruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Myfitnesspal. Eat what you have been eating for the past two years. Log your meals. Make your portions smaller or leave out snacks or other high calorie things so that what you eat fits in your calorie goal. Done.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Instead of following other people's plans, formulate your own including foods you enjoy to eat. There's no point me saying this is my plan eat what I eat, if you hate the foods I eat. Try making a list of the foods you love or you want to try and then google recipes/meals including those foods.
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I find that meal plans don't work that well as it gets very boring, very quickly. I am short and am dieting at 1200 cals at the moment, so I think of all my meal plans more as calorie plans I suppose - I typically do 300 cals for breakfast and lunch, then 400 for dinner leaving me 200 for snacks (unless I workout when eat back about half the burn). I typically have yogurt and fruit/granola or porridge for brek, sandwich/salad/soup for lunch and a hot meal for dinner.

If say I know I'm going for dinner and won't be able to control the calories so well I'll skip my snacks and possibly have a lighter lunch. Or on the weekend I mostly have a big brunch meal and dinner only, so I can have pancakes or something else yummy.

I have been vegetarian all my life so I suppose it may be different, but I mostly think "I want to eat X" - let's say that is lasagne - so then I find a way to make lasagne fit into my daily calories. I either go on intuition of recipes I know and input them into the recipe calculator to find either - what I can reduce/swap to lower cals or how small my serving needs to be. OR I google recipes (mostly bbc good food and sites like that).
  • anastasia6579
    anastasia6579 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help everyone!