Spiraling out of control!

Options
Hi my names Jamie and I'm a mother of 1 beautiful 2 year old girl! Title pretty much explains itself I'm going through a big eating bad habit that I can't shake in continuously eating junk being lazy and being upset and mad at myself! I need people to help me stay on track! I know I need to want it my self and I do I just can't shake this I weighed 152 this summer and now I weigh 167 and I'm starting to feel gross about myself!! Please help me! I stopped logging my meals I need to get back on track!

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Have you set up you mfp diet profile, yet? That's a good start. If you have less than 50lbs to lose, aim for a 1lb per week loss so that you can get sufficient energy and nutrition.

1 Get yourself a digital food scale.
    2. Weight loss is all about calories and not about the food you eat or don't eat. Yes, that means...you can have your favorite treats and snacks just as long as you weigh the portions and log them. I personally will never give up chocolate, cheese puffs and pizza. I include them and enjoy them without guilt. If they fit my calories, I won't gain weight. There are no foods that cause weight gain...the only way to gain weight is to eat more calories than you need to maintain your current weight (aka, eat more than you burn which is your TDEE).
    3. Check out <this post> which has many great posts within.
    4. Relax. No more guilt. Congratulate yourself on small and large successes.....stop beating on yourself.
  • PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Im having same issue and slowly turning it around.
  • realcalm
    realcalm Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Maybe follow some of the advice people have given to the person who posted "being totally honest..." In this forum. In fact maybe you should friend each other.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I hit a rough spot a couple or 3 months back as well. It feels horrible, but it really isn't that hard to fix.

Follow cerise_noir's advice above, and make sure you have clear, obtainable goals. What I mean by that is, instead of telling yourself you have 50lbs to lose, set your first goal at 5lbs, maybe 10. It'll feel great hitting it.

Then you set the next goal. Eat within your calorie allowances and you'll make that one too. Pat yourself on the back and celebrate :)
  • jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Have you set up you mfp diet profile, yet? That's a good start. If you have less than 50lbs to lose, aim for a 1lb per week loss so that you can get sufficient energy and nutrition.

1 Get yourself a digital food scale.
    2. Weight loss is all about calories and not about the food you eat or don't eat. Yes, that means...you can have your favorite treats and snacks just as long as you weigh the portions and log them. I personally will never give up chocolate, cheese puffs and pizza. I include them and enjoy them without guilt. If they fit my calories, I won't gain weight. There are no foods that cause weight gain...the only way to gain weight is to eat more calories than you need to maintain your current weight (aka, eat more than you burn which is your TDEE).
    3. Check out <this post> which has many great posts within.
    4. Relax. No more guilt. Congratulate yourself on small and large successes.....stop beating on yourself.

This. So much this.
  • Loves2snack
    Loves2snack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi my names Jamie and I'm a mother of 1 beautiful 2 year old girl! Title pretty much explains itself I'm going through a big eating bad habit that I can't shake in continuously eating junk being lazy and being upset and mad at myself! I need people to help me stay on track! I know I need to want it my self and I do I just can't shake this I weighed 152 this summer and now I weigh 167 and I'm starting to feel gross about myself!! Please help me! I stopped logging my meals I need to get back on track!

If it makes you feel any better, this time last year I was 135 pounds and now I'm 162. UHG! I was eating what I wanted when I wanted. I saw the scale keep rising and still kept eating! It's just time to make some changes, we can do it!
  • suzievv
    suzievv Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself and don't say mean things to yourself. You can do this!

Also.... a great place for motivation and inspiration is the success stories forum!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You've already got great advice. I just want to say what an absolutely adorable little girl you've got there!
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Girl, you don't NEED anyone else's help--we'll help support and give advice and encouragement but it's all up to YOU to turn things around and you've got it in you to do so. Have some faith in your inner strength (even if it isn't always clear you have it). You're the one that will cross the finish line at the end of the day!