HUNGRY.

Options
I feel hungry a lot lately. And it's not because my calories are low; I haven't lost a lick of weight in months.

What do you snack on to fill up, when fresh veggies and hummus are just NOT doing it?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    A cup of hot coffee.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Some of my go-to snacks are: hard boiled eggs, wasabi peas, string cheese, nuts, protein bars, popcorn, beef or turkey jerky, peanut butter & apples, cottage cheese, fudge pops, ice cream bars, Greek yogurt
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What kind of hungry is that? It's normal to feel a pleasant urge to eat before meals, but it should go away after you have eaten and not come back until it's time for the next meal. You are not supposed to go to bed with a growling stomach or have trouble sleeping because of hunger.

I feel content eating full meals, often home cooked, based on whole foods, focusing on balance and variety.

We all want to eat more than we need sometimes, and sometimes it's okay to give in to that urge too, but not too often.
  • Flapjack_Mollases
    Flapjack_Mollases Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I feel hungry a lot lately. And it's not because my calories are low; I haven't lost a lick of weight in months.

What do you snack on to fill up, when fresh veggies and hummus are just NOT doing it?

You say it's not your calories. If that is true, are you allotting enough of your calories to fat and protein. What are your carbs like? Are the nutrient dense and high in fiber? Those are some things I would check.
  • shagerty777
    shagerty777 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that since the weather has gotten colder my appetite has increased. I seem to go through that each winter though.
  • Sam_Freek
    Sam_Freek Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake and close my eyes drinking it as I pretend it's a rum and coke ;-)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Water, coffee and exercise
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,423 Member
    Options
    I do one tbl peanut butter, jam on one piece of bread & drink a large hot cup of tea
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    In the winter my body seems convinced I have not had enough food unless I eat/drink something hot.

Even tea helps.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i get dehydrated when it's cold. forget to drink, don't want to drink because already cold, things like that.

so that's one root for some of my 'hungry' feeling.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    If you're really genuinely hungry you should eat, calories be damned. If I'm hungry I'll usually make sure I'm not bored or thirsty first. But if your calories are low and you're not losing weight, I'd consider eating a bit more. Sometimes your body will stall if your calories are too low.

Also, air popped popcorn is a great filling snack!
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    water, nuts, all natural peanut butter, avocado's, hard boiled eggs...however i do find a lot of the time I think I'm hungry I'm thirsty...just a suggestion drink some water and then wait a bit...hope it helps:)