Pbd and college

Options
marieSuzx
marieSuzx Posts: 5 Member
So I have classes from 8 am to 6 pm everyday and I'm trying to switch to a plant based diet .. Any ideas what to take with me to college ? I can't eat biscuits and fast food .. :'(

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Easily portable plant-based foods include nuts, protein/snack bars, fruit, vegetables, and wraps/sandwiches with nut butter. If you have a cooler pack, you can include sandwiches/wraps with hummus or tofu or chickpea salad, sushi rolls (they're easy to make once you get the hang of it), soups/stews (I will make a big batch and use it as lunches for several days), salads (don't forget you can add beans or grains to help make them more filling), or really whatever else you like to eat.
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I basically LIVED on trail mix in college...and I didn't gain the freshman 15 :)
  • marieSuzx
    Options
    Easily portable plant-based foods include nuts, protein/snack bars, fruit, vegetables, and wraps/sandwiches with nut butter. If you have a cooler pack, you can include sandwiches/wraps with hummus or tofu or chickpea salad, sushi rolls (they're easy to make once you get the hang of it), soups/stews (I will make a big batch and use it as lunches for several days), salads (don't forget you can add beans or grains to help make them more filling), or really whatever else you like to eat.

Thank you <3
  • marieSuzx
    Options
    sarko15 wrote: »
    I basically LIVED on trail mix in college...and I didn't gain the freshman 15 :)

You're lucky :smiley:
  • Katiebabyangel
    Katiebabyangel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Also, if you're actually on the college campus, a lot of college campuses have on campus dining centers with salad bars and such. Eating at the dining center doesn't always guarantee healthy eating, but going there will give you more options without always having to have something you can stick in your pocket. If you know the sort of things you want to eat, there are a lot of healthy options in the salad bars.