naturopathic doctor experiences

Options
2»

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Sadly, it seems many do not know how to speak truth without being rude. There truly is a difference. I would agree with @VeganFaceHole. Most that express disagreement are rude. A number of times people have said up front, "I'm trying not to sound rude" or something along those lines and it does help the reader to try and read in the spirit that something is said.

I have seen people say, "I'm not trying to sound rude" as a sort of a pre-emptive get-out-of-jail-free card for the fact that they really *are* about to be rude. ;)

• Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    ogtmama wrote: »
    duddysdad wrote: »
    Be careful if they talk about homeopathic medicine as they must now state that it does not work, by law. I know the two are different, but just be careful about things like that.

Exactly. There is a difference between trying to stay as natural as possible and drinking shaken water for treatment.

Holistic/naturopathic -fine, do your own thing
    Homeopathy-run for the hills

NEVER shake the water! :noway:

Shaken, not stirred for me.

ETA: What's this about water?

uvtumz52nms4.jpeg
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Sloth2016 wrote: »
    Be careful if they talk about homeopathic medicine as they must now state that it does not work, by law. I know the two are different, but just be careful about things like that.

Exactly. There is a difference between trying to stay as natural as possible and drinking shaken water for treatment.

uvtumz52nms4.jpeg

You broke your water again, didn't you :angry:
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    xmichaelyx wrote: »
    It isn't rude to the OP to say that "naturopathic" doctors are a scam, unless OP is in fact a naturopathic doctor.

So without being rude: Yeah, it's all BS. Nobody needs to see a doctor to lose weight; just eat fewer calories.

Well that's a load of horse hockey.....some people actually do have to see a doctor to lose weight
  • shur77
    shur77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    savithny wrote: »
    IF she hands you two nails with wires that go into a laptop, laugh and run away.

Also: The "Food sensitivity" report is likely going to be hooey. Just know that. The blood tests they run won't detect real food sensitivities, and the "labs" that naturopaths use pretty much find whatever makes the naturopath money.

This isn't completely accurate in all cases. I went to an naturopath MD (the MD bit is probably the key here) and he ran standard IGe food allergy testing on me straight from quest labs. I'm allergic to wheat (not gluten) casein (turns out I'm find with a2 milk) egg whites and yolks and pumpkin. The eggs I knew from violent reaction but the wheat explained random mystery hives throughout my life that no other Dr even bothered to look for.
    I'd love to say this info has made some profound difference in my life but I'm just now getting serious about it 2 yrs after the fact and only because I had a life threatening reaction to something a month ago.
    And one thing my naturopath, endo and pcp all agree on is I was incredibly low in Vit D at one point
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    savithny wrote: »
    IF she hands you two nails with wires that go into a laptop, laugh and run away.

Also: The "Food sensitivity" report is likely going to be hooey. Just know that. The blood tests they run won't detect real food sensitivities, and the "labs" that naturopaths use pretty much find whatever makes the naturopath money.

Not entirely true. There are actual blood tests that test for allergies. I would reccomend an allergist to run those though, not a naturopath. My allergist runs blood allergy tests about every 3-4 years or when a new allergen is suspected.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options

uvtumz52nms4.jpeg

You broke your water again, didn't you :angry:

Always loved the German saying, "wasser ist nur zum waschen" - (Water is for washing only).

Secondsies on the martini?

I thought that was a warning that the water wasn't safe for drinking, not a "saying" opposing the idea of mixing your liquor with water.